OOS MOGA

TimBay

Real real talk tho, im out the next 2 weekends. Getting house ready for fuck off status. Most know, but here goes: me and the wife finally split (back in spring, was a long time coming and all for the best). Sold our house for a hefty profit in this covid crazy market. Life is good, but gotta clear stuff out. I gots the kiddos every other weekend (and some weekdays) so I'm game to ride most every other weekend.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Real talk, how is Sourlands for a semi-noob-never ridden-boulders like me?

All of the really hard stuff is optional. You'll be fine, just get off and walk occasionally.

To quote @jimvreeland - "if you want someone to never ride with you again, take them to the sourlands."
or was that round valley? i can't remember.

Surely that was Round Valley. Because it's terrible.

TimBay

To quote @jimvreeland - "if you want someone to never ride with you again, take them to the sourlands."
or was that round valley? i can't remember.

anyway, the trick at the sourlands is to go with someone who knows the alternate lines (i didn't say i could ride them, but i know they are there)
Ya can stay on the trail - some of which is difficult - or ride over a boulder where death or worse is possible.

@Soundguy (he loves this pic) on chunkey monkey alternate line.
(he rode it without looking, and made it no problem on second attempt - he also rode some of the other stuff that scares me.)

View attachment 139948
@EJphotos Patrick is right. Best try to go with someone who knows it to maximize the fun. Jklett is a good option. It's rough trails. Patrick gave great advice, which I think of when riding rocks, "don't try to go between them, because you'll rip your derailleur" (or something like that). Personally, riding harts, i dont get to ride rocks all the time, but there's a special feeling you get riding rock gardens. I really love it.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Because it's terrible.

tenor (14).gif

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I'm not aloud to post without @a.s.'s permission lol

anyway I'm out this saturday, could really go for a ride with the boys, and ladies yall can come too

riding wildcat tonight

sunday going to ringwood if I can find the motivation

going to creek on 10/2 by myself or with @BPaze

anyone is welcome to join me except for @a.s. unless he plans to bring ice cream

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

anyway I'm out this saturday, could really go for a ride with the boys, and ladies yall can come too

riding wildcat tonight

anyone is welcome to join me except for @a.s. unless he plans to bring ice cream
Ringwood is my jam. I give you permission to ride there with me Sunday. I'll bring cream. Probably won't be icy though.

BPaze

riding wildcat tonight

I will find a way to be there on 10/2

EJphotos

riding wildcat tonight

If the weather is nice, maybe I'll take the day off and join as well.

Top Bottom