OOS MOGA

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@JimN is a good guide for Wildcat... well for a lot of the NNJ parks.

Yeah I could lead a ride pretty much wherever, but I generally only go to Wildcat these days because it's close and I'm lazy. Work is pretty busy and we are now into the climbing season, but I can generally be available at some point on the weekend for group rides. Weekdays are probably better if anyone is interested in getting out after work now that the days are longer.

I am also intimated with Wildcat

There is literally zero reason to be intimidated by Wildcat. There are some really challenging trails there, but there's also plenty of "easier" stuff. We don't have to hit the hard stuff. If you are comfortable riding at High Mountain, you will be fine on the easier trails at Wildcat. And there is no shame in walking what you can't/don't want to ride.

Mare

Evan; I may hit you up for a WayWay tour. Haven't ridden there enough to know the park well.
Ride with me sometime there! I am trying to learn it and I have a decent grasp (as long as I have a map and I look at it intensely for a while before we start). Seriously though...I can put together a loop. :)

Mare

Will I break my face at Wildcat?
I can answer that for you, but it will sound something like minute 2:40 in this:

You can break your face in a bouncy house. Or you can break your face in a pool of water. Or you can break your face chasing your neighbor's dog....

roc

@JimN is a good guide for Wildcat... well for a lot of the NNJ parks. He actually introduced me to HM. I am also intimated with Wildcat but its a park I would like to hit this season. Plus... there is no shame in hiking a bike which I am an expert at. :)
If you're riding high mountain, you will be able to handle wildcat no problem. I think high mountain could be the hardest park in nj, (I've never been to sourlands) wildcat probably has some harder climbs and maybe some tougher technical sections, but for me, overall, high mountain is harder.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
giphy.gif

So much interaction on this thread on its first day!
Just goes to show you, lots of good peeps on MTBNJ

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
I might be able to join you's on fridays, when I'm not getting my butt kick by the @shrpshtr325 every other friday fun ride.

Nassau, is a fun park and not too hard.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I might be able to join you's on fridays, when I'm not getting my butt kick by the @shrpshtr325 every other friday fun ride.

Nassau, is a fun park and not too hard.

Iv only been to nassau once, but it was definitely not an abusive park by any stretch, tight and twisty, with limited climbing.

Rocksrgood4u

Great ideas... I'm up for a no drop death march- I mean tour- up the Cannonball Trail starting in Oakland...maybe sometime in July.

BPaze

I never mind difficult and challenging climbs just need frequent breaks. the lactic burn is real

Top Bottom