OOS MOGA

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The brakes I hear are terrible. That I predict will be your demise
Brakes suck but let me explain.
Had no issues locking up the wheels.
But the levers are not designed for the trails. Needed two fingers at least. Makes it difficult to scrub off speed and point the bike where you want to go when coming down tech... so you either just let go and hope you don't crash or you crawl down. If there are better levers for mechanical disc... it might work.

mtbiker87

In all honesty, @Paul H's Wally world Schwinn had less on trail incidents than my vintage, resto-mod Iron Horse. He had to dodge my seat, and the internal shaft of my super awesome, 27.5 turned down to 26.8, T-Mars mechanical dropper, as it ejected itself from the rest of the bike after hitting the remote to raise it. Total James Bond kinda shit going on up in here ! Luckily for me, I was standing to pedal up a climb ( as you are doing more often than not on a single speed), or I might have been the victim of a trail side castration . And luckily for @Paul H,the mighty Wall-Schwinn's hefty weight had him struggling just enough with said climb that he missed out on a beheading by seat post. SCHWINNING!!

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
In all honesty, @Paul H's Wally world Schwinn had less on trail incidents than my vintage, resto-mod Iron Horse. He had to dodge my seat, and the internal shaft of my super awesome, 27.5 turned down to 26.8, T-Mars mechanical dropper, as it ejected itself from the rest of the bike after hitting the remote to raise it. Total James Bond kinda shit going on up in here ! Luckily for me, I was standing to pedal up a climb ( as you are doing more often than not on a single speed), or I might have been the victim of a trail side castration . And luckily for @Paul H,the mighty Wall-Schwinn's hefty weight had him struggling just enough with said climb that he missed out on a beheading by seat post. SCHWINNING!!
Eject! Eject! Goose survived in this version

huffster

Even with the Axum... fun was had at Stewart. Would want to go back with either the RDO or the Marley.
@huffster :)
Would be interested in joining and I know my way around quite well. Will be away next weekend. Sometime in October would be good. Off limits 11/19 - 12/11 (Regular big game hunting season). Good to wear bright colors starting in October since bow hunting starts then.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm hitting Stevens Sunday 9am, I'm just home from vacation so I'm totally OOS from all the food and alcohol. Going to do a nice 15+ mile loop with a combination of everything Stevens has to offer. Let me know if anybody would like to ride.
Hey @TommyF .. guessing that was you we ran into on Sunday morning? Hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your ride after we crossed paths..

mtbiker87

I'd be up for that as well. But then you guys gotta come up here and eat some rocks ! And I'm talking north or rt 80 rocks ! Not Chimney..Rock....not Nassau....not LewMo....like real rocks. Wayway, Stokes, Jungle...

Top Bottom