OOS MOGA

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The write up makes you think it was the bear that ate Tim Treadwell for Petes sake. It was small and docile when when Paul,Arnold and I saw it. Ten minutes later it's a Maneater. Sheesh
Probably should check the pics on their phone.

mtbiker87

As far as Sunday goes, as long we're within an hours drive of my place, and we start around 9ish or earlier, I'm In. Saturday I'm good all day any time. If you guys can't work it out, then I might hit up PJ pumptrack on Saturday. In fact .. Father's day weekend...maybe I'll ride twice !!

Mtbdog

Word.. I get the feeling some idiot aggravated the bear.... now it's the bear that has to pay the price.
I think it was the people we saw in the lot with the 2 dogs. The dogs may have made the bear skittish and so it probably stood up to take a look see around? It sounds like they're trapping not killing if I read correctly.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
How tf you live trap a big Ole bear? I'd hate to have that job.

with a big ole trap!

yeah, agree - i wouldn't want to be the bait either. :D
isn't like catching...

1623814173798.png

kearneyb

That is not a suitable trap. First off bears can read. To make this an effective trap, they need to cross out the words bear trap and danger and hang a sign with announcing free picnic baskets. A suitable picnic basket then needs to be placed in the trap. There was a documentary series back in the 1960s about problem bears at Jellystone Park. The go to move to trap a problem bear is to string a snare trap to a sturdy yet very pliable tree branch. The snare is baited with a picnic basket. The ranger then sits back and waits.

mtbiker87

So what's the deal boys ? Still Sterling on Sunday morning ? Or something else ? I'll also be down towards High Mountain around 12 on Saturday, so there's a possibility I'd be up for a spin through there if any one's up for it.

Mtbdog

So what's the deal boys ? Still Sterling on Sunday morning ? Or something else ? I'll also be down towards High Mountain around 12 on Saturday, so there's a possibility I'd be up for a spin through there if any one's up for it.
I'm down with both.

Top Bottom