OneUp 180 Dropper - Won’t stay up

Johnny Utah

Started out on my ride today and noticed I felt a little lower on the bike. I thought maybe the seatpost slipped in the frame, so I stopped and raised it a bit. When I Started again the dropper would sink an inch or so. As I kept riding it would just drop. Came up no issues but will not stay up.

Is this a cartridge issue or something I can fix at home?

Is it worth buying a new cartridge or just buy a post?

BC8DE0B7-28BF-425B-B9CA-D98047BA5529.jpeg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Started out on my ride today and noticed I felt a little lower on the bike. I thought maybe the seatpost slipped in the frame, so I stopped and raised it a bit. When I Started again the dropper would sink an inch or so. As I kept riding it would just drop. Came up no issues but will not stay up.

Is this a cartridge issue or something I can fix at home?

Is it worth buying a new cartridge or just buy a post?

View attachment 176949

First Check your air pressure. 250psi min. I think 300 is max.

When the cartridge failed in mine this was an early symptom eventually it wouldn't stay in place (would go up when standing and down when sitting) Warranty is 2 years they are very good about it ime.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
NSMB has an article on rebuilding the cartridge itself.

If it were me I would buy the new cartridge and attempt fixing them old one as a spare.

If you haven't replaced cable/housing in a while, that could be a factor. The friction can essentially semi-activate the dropper.

rick81721

Lothar
You don't use a dropper post on your mountain bike?

Not enough. But a dropper is the only bike component that has failed more times than any other. I had two on my horsethief, got stuck in the middle of the sourlands with the post not staying up and had to get out and ride home on a clown bike. Ditched it and never replaced it.

Top Bottom