On the Juice?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
About two months ago, I bought a juice extractor and have been making some tasty juices. I also got a book called "super juice". It has recipes and vitamin values, and recommended juices for certain medical conditions.

With so many people getting sick this year, I thought that some power juices may be of interest to boost the immune system. Some of my favorite juices are:

* Pink grapefruit, valencia orange and either papaya or pineapple.

and

* Tomato, carrot, celery, spinach, cilantro.

Anyone else on the juice? .... or have any recipes?

walter

Fourth Party
We've been thinking a juicer. Which one do you have?

My wife and I bought the Breville Juice Fountain Plus about 2 years ago. We regularly juice on the weekends and since I have been out of work I do it several times during the week. No real fancy recipes, just pick up whatever you feel like mixing in there. Lately is the basics, apples, bananas, strawberries, kiwi, etc. Basically whatever you think will taste good.

I have a book called "Juicing for Life", its about 15 years old, but its got a ton of recipes in it, broken down into all kinds of health categories.

Good stuff, if you have the time to do it and clean it, I highly suggest it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I eat fruit and drink water. I clean it at night before I go to bed :)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
No juicer, but we have a 2-yr old so we always have at least 2 juices in the home, which is kinda new to me since I never really drank juice beyond momosas before. But for a few months now I've been filling my camelback reservoir with an apple juice/water mix or grapefruit juice/water mix. I guess I'll go back to gatorade/water for the upcoming races, or should I stay with the juice?

VanDbtRiver

if you can recommend i juicer that is easy to clean i am all for it. in the past ive owned one that was just too much of a pain in the ass to clean.

walter

Fourth Party
if you can recommend i juicer that is easy to clean i am all for it. in the past ive owned one that was just too much of a pain in the ass to clean.

I find that if you clean the machine right after you are done using it, cleanup is a snap. Usually just rinsing it under water does the trick and only once in a while to I take a brush to the screen/filter area thing. I also put a plastic bag in the waste catcher so that makes it easy to clean and if my neighbor wants I can hand it right to her for her garden.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I have the "Breville Juice Fountain Compact". As Walter says, if you clean it right away, it washes 1,2,3. I use my bottle brush for dense stuff like beets and ginger.

:D I've never tried that. In the dvd that comes with it, the guy doing the presentation is a raw food nut in cali and he shows you how to make faux burgers by grinding nuts and butter together using the juicer to make a paste. It is a pretty heavy duty machine.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
and I was thinking this was a thread about Floyd....:hmmm:

my juice of Choice: V8 with lime & Tabasco sauce....:drooling:

euphoria

i get juiced everyday or at least i try to. usually a couple of carrots, an apple, a kiwi or 2, a handful of grapes (seeded) and a few of strawberries. mmmm mmmm good

VanDbtRiver

post your juice pulp

i took out the old juicer after i purchased misc fruit and veggies from the farmers market. i took some advice from this thread concerning the maintenance of the machine. the juice quality seems decent, but the pulp seems like it is very wet. it is a cheap juicer so i guess you get what you pay for. could someone post a picture of their juice pulp so i have an idea of how it extracts better. i am afraid that i end up wasting a lot of material in the process. thanks

RNG1

I used to do this and this might get me back into it. Someone recently gave me a bottle of this really potent but pretty expensive stuff called Mona-vie.
(45$ bottle) Its in a wine bottle and has a lot of stuff but in particular it has both Acai and goji berry which are supposed to be super good for you. This is giving me the idea that maybe I can find the things and make the juice myself.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there's a reeeaally good acai sorbet out there. sure it's got added sugar and all that, but it's deliscious.

to save myself the hassle of cleaning, i just get juices when i can premade. i love the bolthouse farms smoothies, and if i see a jamba juice or similar, i'll usually stop in and pick something up.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i took out the old juicer after i purchased misc fruit and veggies from the farmers market. i took some advice from this thread concerning the maintenance of the machine. the juice quality seems decent, but the pulp seems like it is very wet. it is a cheap juicer so i guess you get what you pay for. could someone post a picture of their juice pulp so i have an idea of how it extracts better. i am afraid that i end up wasting a lot of material in the process. thanks

i remember i used to love making apple juice in my juicer because you get apple sauce from the pulp side. just add some cinnamon and honey.

Top Bottom