On the Juice?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Watched this last night on Netflix. No way I could (or should) do it for 60 days, but provocative still the same. May actually look into the Reboot prior to the season getting into full swing.

6 weeks is a long time to just drink juice alone, but a day is very cool to get yourself up to speed. I still fruit juice every morning. The vegie juice is great, but I now eat all the vegies I used to juice. I think the main thing is to get processed food out and replaced with more fruits and vegetables.

Dr Superb

I don't drink a shake really, but I really enjoy an Acai bowl. It's popular in brazil. I use Acai from Sambazon, I get it in the organic section at wegmans. I blend it with frozen strawberries, bananas, honey, apple cider (or soy milk), and top it off with granola and fresh fruit. You can add or subtract. Some like to add flax, protein powder or something....it's high in calories, but I can use it..

It's more a meal rather than a snack.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Any new juice combos? I'm trying to mix in some vegies this spring. I tried this one today and it was good: russian kale, beet, cucumber, celery, carrot, apple and ginger.

Attachments

• vegie.jpg
    vegie.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 181
  • juice.jpg
    juice.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 164

VanDbtRiver

Any new juice combos? I'm trying to mix in some vegies this spring. I tried this one today and it was good: russian kale, beet, cucumber, celery, carrot, apple and ginger.

This sounds like a good brew!
I started up the juicer tonight with a tried and true recipe consisting of an apple, 2 lemons, and a bunch of fennel. I realized I had lots of produce that was a bit past it's prime in the fridge and fruit basket, so I added pineapple, cucumber and a banana (which yields nothing and clogs up the screen), but in the end the flavor was pretty decent.

RNG1

Funny you would revive this thread this week. I just did a beet/carrot/apple the other day for the first time in a while. So long in fact I forgot it makes you pee red and my heart skipped a beat ( not beet) yesterday. I bought a 5 lb bag of organic carrots yesterday on sale at A&P for $2.50. I have to get over to the Tenafly gourmet market now that it is finally open again after they had to rebuild when the roof collapsed after a heavy snow last year.

ebineezer

Thread Resurrection!

My wife recently brought home the NutriBullet because I kept telling her that I wanted to start juicing. So far it has been great. Real simple to use and clean (which was a big selling point). Now it is time to start experimenting with the recipes.

Here is the link for those of you that haven't seen it:
http://www.nutribullet.com/

MannyL358

My wife recently brought home the NutriBullet because I kept telling her that I wanted to start juicing. So far it has been great. Real simple to use and clean (which was a big selling point). Now it is time to start experimenting with the recipes.

Here is the link for those of you that haven't seen it:
http://www.nutribullet.com/

Cool! I've had one for a while now and love it.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
got one

All I had to see was that my boy Brian had a positive post about the N-Bullet. Went out and got one last night. Walked in the door then Opened it up and showed Jamie how easy it is to clean and use...she seems interested in it so thats a huge plus. 1 Question. Do/can you use it as a meal substitute? I don't see why not but then again how long before I run a donut thru this thing?:p

right now I'm having a tall glass of Spinach, blueberries, raspberries, carrots, almonds and a bananananana. looks like barf but taste real good (almost too neutral). Headed to Stop & Shop after the dog park and 50+ mile road ride to get some things from the recipe book because options. I texted with Walter the whole time I was getting it so he will most likely have one later this week too :D We like our juicers but they are too big too many pieces and too much clean up. Plus they spit the fiber out the back.

Last edited:

ebineezer

All I had to see was that my boy Brian had a positive post about the N-Bullet. Went out and got one last night. Walked in the door then Opened it up and showed Jamie how easy it is to clean and use...she seems interested in it so thats a huge plus. 1 Question. Do/can you use it as a meal substitute? I don't see why not but then again how long before I run a donut thru this thing?:p

right now I'm having a tall glass of Spinach, blueberries, raspberries, carrots, almonds and a bananananana. looks like barf but taste real good (almost too neutral). Headed to Stop & Shop after the dog park and 50+ mile road ride to get some things from the recipe book because options. I texted with Walter the whole time I was getting it so he will most likely have one later this week too :D We like our juicers but they are too big too many pieces and too much clean up. Plus they spit the fiber out the back.

Welcome to the club. As far as substituting for a meal... definitely. Although it seems extreme, there are some people that do a 100% liquid diet using a juicer to detox, and clean out your system. Do yourself a favor and pick up some kale, that stuff is great for you.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Welcome to the club. As far as substituting for a meal... definitely. Although it seems extreme, there are some people that do a 100% liquid diet using a juicer to detox, and clean out your system. Do yourself a favor and pick up some kale, that stuff is great for you.

kale...got it. I was going to cut one meal a day out with this thing.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Don't forget to put in some vodka, you don't want that stuff freezing you on you!

walter

Fourth Party
kale...got it.

kale is in our regular rotation.

So a question, does this work like a juicer where I can cram the jar with whole fruits and veggies, kinda like Im dropping them into a juicer? Or does stuff need to be peeled and cored, etc. ?

I still gotta swing it by the boss, my Breville was a gift for a birthday or Fathers day or some shit and works fine.

The Kalmyk

Add some beets and parsley all day to the neck... I have the breville though if I bought juicer again for sure it would be an omega... Its masticating vs. Centrifugal which is what the breville is... My friend and I had a juice off and the difference is a better juice from my buddies omega... The juice from the breville had more foam/air throughout the juice whereas the omegas juice was smoother with less air... The general mindset of frequent juicers is that centrifugal juicer runs hot and kills nutrients... If you are going to store it they say no air no light and drink asap....

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I recently spent some time with a friend in AZ and he is into double process: Juicing vegies and citrus, but then putting all other fruit in blender with vegie juice. It is really good and supplies more fiber and skin nutrients.

Juice: beet, kale, carot, celry, cilantro, spinach, orange

Blender: above juice, melons, berries, banana, pineapple, kiwi (I use red grapes too)

If you need meal replacement, you can add greek yogurt for protein.

THATmanMANNY

started drinking some kirkland juices and some naked juice on sale from costco.

do you think it's easier and cost effective to buy or DIY? It's like when you cook spinach, that whole bag turns into 5 bites

The Kalmyk

I can't comment on coat effectiveness but I can say you are likely get more nutrients from the real thing... No injection of vitamins before packaging

THATmanMANNY

kale, beets, nuts, flax seed, avacodo, gotta remember those too (note to self really)... greens, non sugary veg, a fruit, and lemon for taste

also, I'm interested in blending or 'extracting'... the nutribullet seems good...

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

Storage of juice... Air, light and hear :popcorn:are enemies... If you can drink right away the more nutrients you get

THATmanMANNY

groupon... only one review on amazon :hmmm:

•$99.99 for a Dash Slow Squeeze Juicer (JB350SS) ($279.99 list price)

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-dash-tall-squeeze-juicer?p=4&utm_source=channel_occasions_GMT-deals&utm_medium=email&sid=735edb25-42c5-4094-8fe3-7e620548be3a&division=central-jersey&user=3403eb67734e2b78e4b6f1db1c92b1f7e076f588b3303ddd7f124467362e4553&date=20130411&s=body&c=image&d=occasions_deal

youtube review (doesn't look like the same model though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlMqMjZItEI

nvm, the groupon is that slow matisculating juicer

CON
Juicers take up too much real estate
so much cleaning

Last edited:
Top Bottom