Old School Bikes

jeff_ag

Any GOOD SITES FOR OLDER BIKES TO VIEW OR PURCHASE? ANYONE INTO OLDER BIKES? I ALWAYS LIKED THE OLDER UNIVEGAS,ALPINESTARS,PRO-FLEX,AND NISHIKI.

Last edited:

VanDbtRiver

the most success i have had (inadvertently), garage sales hands down. you may not find restored or pristine bikes but you will find the weekend warrior bike that has the top notch components of years past that ended up being neglected. i have passed up many oportunities at the 75$ fuji road bike from the late 80's that i regret now. anywho, it is always a sure bet during garage sale season

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Any GOOD SITES FOR OLDER BIKES TO VIEW OR PURCHASE? ANYONE INTO OLDER BIKES? I ALWAYS LIKED THE OLDER UNIVEGAS,ALPINESTARS,PRO-FLEX,AND NISHIKI.

Hey there, Univegas were hot when I started back in '90 or so. I have a '89 Univega Alpina Pro Frame (Tange Steel) I'm no longer using if you're interested.

As for sites to check out for nostalgia's sake, try this one....

http://www.firstflightbikes.com/frames/museum.htm

Greg

dirty bert

Banned
Klein Rascal

i picked an early Klein Rascal from a bike store in New Hope for a good deal. I love the alum frames with the internal cable housing, it looks like all the parts are original (all xt parts) with a Topline crank but the brakes are Scott peterson SE (self-energizing) brakes. i have pics of it somwhere on my blog.

Top Bottom