Old Park Repair Stand (fo free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimBay

literally doing what @knobbyhead did last year: bought a cheap stand from Lidl and am now passing along this historic park stand. Free to a good home. Im located in Atlantic highlands, right by Hartshorne.

Description: do you find yourself flipping your bike over trying to do basic maintenance? Do you hate cleaning your tires and having to lift your bike to spin it around, only to find when you spin it again you got grass and dirt on the clean parts? Do you ever eat frozen pizza on the couch naked and alone, thinking "I used to be somebody, dammit". This bike stand is the solution to some of those problems. Sure, its beat up. A bit wobbly. A bit unsure of its place in the world. But aren't we all just a little bit like that sometimes. Look like an old pro with this Park Tools bike stand. The end.

jklett

literally doing what @knobbyhead did last year: bought a cheap stand from Lidl and am now passing along this historic park stand. Free to a good home. Im located in Atlantic highlands, right by Hartshorne.

Description: do you find yourself flipping your bike over trying to do basic maintenance? Do you hate cleaning your tires and having to lift your bike to spin it around, only to find when you spin it again you got grass and dirt on the clean parts? Do you ever eat frozen pizza on the couch naked and alone, thinking "I used to be somebody, dammit". This bike stand is the solution to some of those problems. Sure, its beat up. A bit wobbly. A bit unsure of its place in the world. But aren't we all just a little bit like that sometimes. Look like an old pro with this Park Tools bike stand. The end.
Now that there is an outstanding sales pitch!

iman29

If you lived closer I would be inclined to grab it just to say I have a bike stand.

hilarious write up.

EJphotos

2nd in line. Dude, Lidl in Hazlet. $25. Picked one up. Put it together in 2 minutes and it works better than the park one I have. Also way lighter and easier to move around.
Dang $25 for a repair stand? I really shouldn't have opened this thread...just got a park one for much more

?

serviceguy

2nd in line. Dude, Lidl in Hazlet. $25. Picked one up. Put it together in 2 minutes and it works better than the park one I have. Also way lighter and easier to move around.

Your park one will be better and last wayyyyy longer than this thing. Don't worry, be happy (wooooooooo-ooooo oo ooouuuooo. Ooouuooouuooouuuooo)

Do you have a lidl near you? Seriously. This park stand is beat up. Serious sway on it. Tubes instead of clamp padding. Its rough.

aaand there goes the outstanding selling pitch...

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So I'm interested in more information about the new stand you bought. Lidl sells bike stands for $25? I wouldn't mind having a second one for when I service my fork.

TimBay

So I'm interested in more information about the new stand you bought. Lidl sells bike stands for $25? I wouldn't mind having a second one for when I service my fork.

Here's a YouTube review. Will it hold up long term? Probably not. But I found it to be sturdy and did it's job well. At $25, I'm stoked. For something like a fork, forget about it. Snag one on your way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom