Old Iron

scotth

My oldest got some looks at a skatepark today. The kids asked him about the bike and he just said.....”It’s from the 80’s”

Attachments

• 6727AF68-BB88-4B9F-9F98-A83CF37EEA5E.jpeg
    6727AF68-BB88-4B9F-9F98-A83CF37EEA5E.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 164

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Those were always drool worthy. With the two piece frames. I would still have my GHP if it didn’t get stolen off my lawn.

scotth

Those were always drool worthy. With the two piece frames. I would still have my GHP if it didn’t get stolen off my lawn.
Thanks, I love it know that it’s getting ridden. It was tucked in a closet after my last race and he was the first to ride it in 25 or so years.
Sorry to hear about your stolen bike.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Thanks, I love it know that it’s getting ridden. It was tucked in a closet after my last race and he was the first to ride it in 25 or so years.
Sorry to hear about your stolen bike.
Thanks. It’s been 25 years, so I’m over it. But it’s a shame since it was a rare bike that I inherited from my cousin who raced.

mtbiker87

Had more than a few old school BMX race bikes back in the day,but my faves were my super goose, and my thruster vanishing point. Would love to pick up an old school bmx'er to add to the pump track stable, but the ones I can find are either way to expensive, totally clapped out, or both.

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
My old iron in aluminum. Bought the frame in ‘81 and built it up slowly with grass cutting, leaf raking and snow shoveling money. I will be buried with it. Hope one of my kids gives me a grandkid to see ride it someday. Never should have sold the original blue skyways. The bars, grips and black tuff wheels and tires are new but everything else is as I raced it in the early ‘80s.

Attachments

• D9C1035D-5BCA-489D-AC02-40197D23A489.jpeg
    D9C1035D-5BCA-489D-AC02-40197D23A489.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 85

Mountain Bike Mike

I had one of those and snapped the headtube off when I nose cased the landing of a triple at Bensalem bmx preriding before the Quaker state nationals in the ealry 90s

Let’s get right to it... How much you want for it?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
My oldest got some looks at a skatepark today. The kids asked him about the bike and he just said.....”It’s from the 80’s”
So cool. I had a serious flashback when I looked at the photo.

It appears to be in really good condition as well.

scotth

So cool. I had a serious flashback when I looked at the photo.

It appears to be in really good condition as well.
Thanks....Funny story is that I got grounded for the last weekend of state races, they were Saturday and Sunday. The bike was parked ever since, until about two years ago, my oldest was the first to ride it. I don’t remember if it was Elf or Profile, but I have a 3/4 setback post, I cut it with a hacksaw so it could get lowered enough to fit him.

Top Bottom