Oil Slick

Bikeworks

Yea, this thread basically shtis all over my new bike's paint. It's still pretty, though.

IMG-1334.jpg

one piece crank

I have polished Bendix coaster brake hub shell that I want to oil slick to closely match a CVD oil slick front hub on my next BMX bike. So, I've been playing with Dupli-Color Metalcast anodizing spray paint - Gold, Blue & purple. The gold and blue are nice, easy to control, clear color when sprayed on shiny metal, but the purple is much thicker, almost opaque and clunky. Gold and blue lead to a green sheen - I need to figure out how to introduce purple haze...

Bikeworks

Little better representation of the color; graphics are almost impossible to capture on camera. I added some oil slick bits, namely rotor bolts, stem and faceplate bolts, and brake lever bolts. Oh, and the saddle has oil slick rails. Can't see any of this in this pic, which means I didn't go overboard. 😆

IMG-1622.jpg

Karate Monkey

@Patrick I'm told there is an open (first come, first served) bounty from the misses. Bring me 4-5 pounds of pawpaws that are ready to be picked, and the oil slick pen holder is yours. The corn pen is negotiable at that point.

Attachments

• 1632175972933192169983246657115.jpg
    1632175972933192169983246657115.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 62

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@Patrick I'm told there is an open (first come, first served) bounty from the misses. Bring me 4-5 pounds of pawpaws that are ready to be picked, and the oil slick pen holder is yours. The corn pen is negotiable at that point.

Now how did you know i was going paw pawing this weekend?
There is a leak in JORBA!

Top Bottom