off tomorrow, where to ride?

Me and Kirt are heading to the Sourlands at around 1pm today if anyone's around. C'mon Kev... You can cross that off your list of things to do in 2009 if you actually ride with another person.

Sounds good Manny & Kush. Just try to get there a lil early so we can shoot for wheels down by 1. The ground should still be nicely frozen.

Great ride today guys. Kush, Manny, Kirt, me and a surprise visit from JDog - his first visit to Sourlands in ~10 years. We learned that the Manitou 29er fork is not so nice in the gnarly stuff. Good time had by all. We did not see stb222 on his road bike.

Never having ridden Sourlands, what a pleasant surprise. It's only 35 mins from home. The SS may have to rest next time though. Or go up in ratio. Thanks guys for showing me around

Ah OH Sourlands. Every time I leave there I feel defeated :cry: and wanting a more suitable ride :rolleyes: It was still fun and watching the super technical veterans go to work was like dazam OMG

Had a blast. Nice meeting & riding with you guys. The pipe line climb nearly killed me after you guys left. I had nothing left for the decent.

It was a mushy over where I went. At least you probably stayed more clean. The first rinse of my tights turned the water a nice translucent black.

I had a really great time.

This place is so close to 6 mile but a million miles apart in terms of terrain.

We rode 2 solid hours and went like 7 miles.

I rode the RIP 9 and although I felt good on the bike the fork was disappointing. The air spring didn't ramp up as it went through the travel. I would constantly bottom it out. The pressure was plenty high. This caused me to endo a bunch. Not cool.

Anyway the park is really fun and super challenging. I think it has 10x more rocks than Chimney rock. I had not been in forever and the work than has been done her is totally evident and appreciated.

This is the first ride I had been on in a long while where I wish i had some pads on.

If I ride here a lot this year I will be buying a bike with some gears.

I will be back.

Thanks

j-

I missed you guys at sourlands cause at the last min I decided to go to 6 mile, which was still frozen and good. I stop in halters to get my wheels and chris tells me you are at sourlands, damn. next time. did 20 miles at 6 mile.

I missed you guys at sourlands cause at the last min I decided to go to 6 mile, which was still frozen and good. I stop in halters to get my wheels and chris tells me you are at sourlands, damn. next time. did 20 miles at 6 mile.

Anthropophobia- Fear of people or society.

Not to be confused with Anthrophobia - Fear of flowers.
:)
;)

Anyway the park is really fun and super challenging. I think it has 10x more rocks than Chimney rock. I had not been in forever and the work than has been done her is totally evident and appreciated.

j-

Thanks and glad you enjoyed. There has been some good work done at SL and I'm super stoked for the new trail that Somerset County has approved and will be built in the spring. We're trying to create a trail that flows well but takes advantage of all the unique rock features at the Sourlands. March 21 is the date.

btw, in my defense, I read the post about you guys riding the sourlands after I rode, otherwise I would have been there...next time....

Back
Top Bottom