off tomorrow, where to ride?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
i have off tomorrow and will be riding somewhere between 10am and 3. It looks like it will be just above freezing and with the rain the other day, places maybe be muddy. Any suggestion between the following?

road
allaire
harthorne
chimney rock
sourlands

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
how 'bout anyplace north of CR? forecast for my neck of the woods (five-ish miles from alamuchy) is 32*.

nokians? ride 'em if ya got 'em!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i have off tomorrow and will be riding somewhere between 10am and 3. It looks like it will be just above freezing and with the rain the other day, places maybe be muddy. Any suggestion between the following?

road
allaire
harthorne
chimney rock
sourlands

allaire might still be soggy

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
My front yard has standing water on it, and I am 15 min. North of Hartshorn and Huber. It rained for over 20 hours. I can't think of any place that will be dry enough to ride for a while. I may be wrong, so if anyone has first hand reports, let the masses know. If the temps. get below freezing, and stay there for a while, then you can pretty much go where you want.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
my vote - sourlands. i had a blast there the other day. small in mileage but so much fun. if you get there early enough (pre-noon) it'll be frozen.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I just crawled out of 6 mile pulling a trailer full of tools. It wasn't too wet. More like semi frozen pudding.

There might be 3 hours worth of new berms out there too.. (not 3 hours of riding, but 3 hours of digging).

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Nice J! I can't wait to check out the goods. As always, we appreciate the amount of hard work you and your crew do @ 6mi.

THATmanMANNY

I'm optional off too (working from home)...
I am pulling my hair out on what to do. I may ride Sourlands or I may hit the road... :hmmm: what to do!!!

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I leaning towards hitting Sourlands tomorrow. Upper part should be fine.

BiknBen

don't think it wll be much different then some people riding rigid ss29er's there....

I've ridden my SS Rigid 29r there. It was not so much fun.

I vote for road or Allaire. It did not get much above freezing today and was windy. Tonight is well below freezing. Allaire may not be frozen solid but close. If you insist on fat tires, that is the only place to go.

The road will be cold and you've been riding the road too often. :D

Top Bottom