Off-Season Group Hike Postings

Wazu

The fact that I need time to heal up my hands coupled with the fact that I need to get to know the places I'm winning, erm I mean racing next year is providing me with the impitus to hike them all this fall/winter. My hiking pace is very fast paced but without jogging (makes it harder). For the most part its non-stop and its a workout not a nature walk. I did it yesterday with RyanE77 and we had a blast. We went for only an hour but I left wanting way way more. I saw that Waywayanda is first on the race list so it's there I'll be going to next. I'd LOVE to go with someone who is willing to hike and who knows Waywayanda. If no one comes I'm going alone. I'm shooting for next Sunday the 18th. A few reasons I like the hiking even when not injured:

It's warmer.
Low wind.
High heart rate.
Low impact.
No coasting.
Get to know racing trails.
Get to know people.
Much less likely to crash.
Hands free.
No flats.
Less prep time. Get out of car and go.
No mechanical break downs.
Walking and SS go hand in hand.
Food tastes better when eating it with two hands.
Use different muscles. I didn't know where those less-used muscles were but boy oh boy I know where they are today.

Last edited:

Wazu

What is it with beers around here? Not just here, but the pros, DirtRag and many other places I visit. It seems like mtb and beer go hand in hand? But by all logic there should be no corrolation whatsoever. It is my experience that the secret society of those who smoke is far more reaching. Don't care what ya do but I'm gonna be walking really fast while ya do it.;)

Top Bottom