NYC Marathon

NickDavid

I entered the raffle this morning to run 26.2 miles for absolutely no reason. Anyone else make this insane decision?

I'll find out in a few months if I've been accepted into the marathon.

If anyone else signs up, I'd be happy to schedule runs with you and train for it.

D

DANSPANK

I entered the raffle last year and didn't get in. I'll do it again this year and keep my bits crossed.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i entered the raffle once, got in, then snapped a ligament in my knee training for it. it was great i highly recommend it.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Good luck to all of you with the nads to do this.

My father-in-law was a running enthusiast and ran NYC and Boston well into his 50's. ALS (Lou Gehrigs) dragged him down at age 59, but his stamina & will (marathon by-products for sure) kept him going for 5 years after (most die w/in 18 months). Don't know if that was a good thing...

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

I can't stand running but the Nyc marathon is a nice big check mark on the "done" list so want to do it for that. I'll have no intention of running that far ever again on November 3rd.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
i crashed it one year... saw a buddy of mine at mile 12, jumped out, and ran with him up into the bronx down into central park. good stuff. ended up being 12 miles or so before i got spotted and tossed. amazing crowds. knees hurt for 2 days.

Spartacus

I entered the raffle this morning to run 26.2 miles for absolutely no reason. Anyone else make this insane decision?

I'll find out in a few months if I've been accepted into the marathon.

If anyone else signs up, I'd be happy to schedule runs with you and train for it.
I sent in my bid in the lottery and was not selected last year. This year I am planning the NYC lottery again and the hamptons marathon

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Good luck,

My wife put in for the lottery last year and got in on the first try. She ran it in 4:41, not bad for her first one.

Hope you get in, even though you couldn't pay me enough to run that far:drooling:.

D

DANSPANK

It's a challenge, and that's why I want to do it. When it's done it will be an acievement. I think the furthest I've ever run before is probably 4 miles so if I get in and finish this puppy then I'll be well chuffed.

Come on - sign up! Consider it cross training.

NickDavid

Hell yea! The furthest I've run is 10 miles and I wasn't even training for it. I just ran 10 miles one day with my girlfriend, who was training for a half marathon.

I hope whoever registered get's in. It would be fun to mix up the bicycles with running. Get some group runs in.

Spartacus

Last year had 96,000 entries and they accepted 38,000 or so.

It was a record number of applicants.

I was not accepted so last year I did the Hamptons marathon.

It was basically a small marathon with about 1000 entrants. Only 200 of those were for the full and the rest for the half.

I have to say out of the things I have done a marathon rates as one of the hardest things I have done. It takes a lot of training to complete at a competetive pace. Unfortunately I did not train properly and I fell apart at the 20 mile mark.

2008 will be different :getsome:

Spartacus

I am officially entered in the NYC lottery.

If accepted this will be my second marathon.

I am also registering for the Hamptons as well. This happens in late september. So if I get into the NYC it will be my 3rd.

I am stoked !

Top Bottom