NYC...again at 9:00am

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
meet myself, walter and possibly MIG on sunday at the Staten Island ferry, or Battery Park which ever is easiest for you to get to. we will be doing the east side bike path up over the BB and back up to Central Park for a loops, then back down the West Side prob mix in some of the street paths with the ride. last ride we got 26miles and could have gone for more. its gonna be colder Sunday so dress accordingly and bring your camera...trails are going to be bad. soooo tell your wife, hubby,girlfriend or boyfriend that its the perfect Valentines day gift to let you enjoy a morning on the bike with friends, and it doesn't cost them a thing (it worked for me). oh bring your MTB or SS

weather report as of Wednesday
http://www.accuweather.com/us/ny/ne...tner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&metric=0

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
You guys gave me a good idea, I forgot how much fun I have riding in the CeeTee. Can't make Sun, so I will be there on Sat, starting from the north, from NJ cross the GWB then south towards battery park, etc...stop for a TORTA & GRILLED CORN @ Cafe Habana in NoLiTa :drooling::drooling:

antgold

I wonder if there's a way to ride to Staten Island from here:hmmm:

-Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antgold View Post
I'm starting to think about a day epic home NY home ...
is there a sidewalk on the bridges crossing to Staten island ?

answer I got :
On the outerbridge or goethals there are no sidewalks to get into staten island, from NJ.

You could always take the fast ferry out of atlantic highlands into the city with your bike and then start riding.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I found a way?

"A pedestrian walkway, cantilevered from the western side of the roadway, currently provides the only access by foot to Staten Island. The Port Authority also permits bicycle traffic, however the sidewalk ends abruptly at descending stairs on the New Jersey side. Due to safety concerns, bicycle riders are required to walk their bicycles across the bridge."

-Jim.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I found a way?

Scratch that. There's no way into Bayonne by bike. So taking a bridge from there to Staten Island can't happen. Ferry leaves too late, earliest is 9:30. So there goes that. It seemed like a good idea:hmmm:

-Jim.

secondspeed02

yes can be done by Bayonne to staten Island

Like How you can use the RT.440 or used called 169 ( yes you can bike in bayonne too use Kennedy blvd. to bayonne brigde) the last exit is my friends house in NJ #2 then its the Bayonne bridge, Yes I do drive over it every Christmas and Thanksgiving with my granfather in the car. oh yes I think of biking the bridge sometimes too they got a walking path on side of it

Scratch that. There's no way into Bayonne by bike. So taking a bridge from there to Staten Island can't happen. Ferry leaves too late, earliest is 9:30. So there goes that. It seemed like a good idea:hmmm:

-Jim.

dualfisted

crakberry

sorry..its not lazy i can't post from my BlackBerry at work cause i don't know how. but we are going to allaire meet at 8 while its still cold

All my posts r via blackberry curve. Shouldn't be too hard if I can figure it out. Any word on Allaire actually being frozen???????

Top Bottom