Now this sounds fun....

NJ Jess

Wow!

I want to play! Glad I'm still in Sport class. The longest mountain bike ride I've done is Darkhorse 40 and All-a-muchy 50 km (31miles), oh,..and 7 laps of the 12 hours of Deer Park. (how much would that have been?) How far to Michaux from Toms River, anyone?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's outside of Gettysburg, I believe. I've been considering these (or maybe 1) this year. I think Harlan Price won last year. In general the times seem All-A-Muchy like. SOmeone else posted that the technical is tougher, but there are more fire roads. Or something like that. I've read several people say the technical out there is brutal indeed.

If the 12 hour and ROTD are off for this year, one of these becomes much more likely.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would really like to make one of these, but it would require some rearranging of the schedule, which is likely anyway, since my dates are based off of the 2006 schedule.

NJ Jess

Thanks

for the info. I will try to ride the place sometime if it isn't snowing there yet. I have a friend in PA that rides the place all the time, so perhaps I will have a guide to get an idea. Thanks

ryderX

It's outside of Gettysburg, I believe. I've been considering these (or maybe 1) this year. I think Harlan Price won last year. In general the times seem All-A-Muchy like. SOmeone else posted that the technical is tougher, but there are more fire roads. Or something like that. I've read several people say the technical out there is brutal indeed.

If the 12 hour and ROTD are off for this year, one of these becomes much more likely.
I can officially confirm that both the W2 12 hour event and the Team Bulldog's ROTD WILL NOT be happening in 2007.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
no chance of a different venue for ROTD? sounds like a fun format. if it weren't for the weather it probably would've been great.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

Michaux is a great place to ride. The three races are located in three different sections of the park. Since the park is 84,000 acres, there is plenty of room without overlapping.

I rode a couple of these races, and they were a lot of fun. They start you off on fireroads to spread everyone out, and then it is single track galore! I definitely recommend these races. They have lots of schwag & their T-shirts are really cool (not the same one over and over again ala 24 Hours of Allamuchy).

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Phooey

I can officially confirm that both the W2 12 hour event and the Team Bulldog's ROTD WILL NOT be happening in 2007.
Missed both of these this year due to illness/injury. I was hoping to make sure that didn't happen again in 2007.

Maybe have to consider heading out to Michaux instead. I've been hearing good things about these races for years.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Well I have to say this is lame but thanks for the heads up.

To me this says IMBAman is winning. Sorry that's just how I see it.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
To me this says IMBAman is winning. Sorry that's just how I see it.

I don't think IMBAman is winning -- I just think it is way too much effort for a small group of people to effectively handle.

I can't speak for the Running of the Dogs, but from my observation it takes a lot of effort to run a race like the 12 Hours of Allamuchy. I volunteered for it on that day and I watched the Workman's & Webers working their butts off. We were there at 04:30 to set up and get everything all set for the race. That wasn't even counting the marking of the course and the taking down of the course markers at the end of the race.

Bob & Karen W did tons and tons of TM to get the place in shape for the race and clean up after the race. It really was a lot of thankless work.

The All-A-Muchy is still happening from what I understand.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Jess basically said in another post it's being bagged because of the heat they took due to the shape of the trails after the rides.

I don't see why these mainly parochial events can't have a rain date. I understand the 24 hour ride attracts people from all over and whatnot. But the events made up of mostly local riders should really be subject to delay if the conditions are brutally bad.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Bob & Karen W did tons and tons of TM to get the place in shape for the race and clean up after the race. It really was a lot of thankless work.

I'm going out on a limb here, but the preparation and takedown of a race should be the responsibilities of the promoters/organizers/whatever. I know that the Ws are much appreciated for all of the work that they do, but I'm not sure if "thanks" is the driving force behind promoting or pulling the plug on a race.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I'm going out on a limb here, but the preparation and takedown of a race should be the responsibilities of the promoters/organizers/whatever. I know that the Ws are much appreciated for all of the work that they do, but I'm not sure if "thanks" is the driving force behind promoting or pulling the plug on a race.

Perhaps it is this attitude that canceled the 12 Hour race for this year.

Lots of people enjoy riding the race, but others criticize. Criticized for having the race and criticized for canceling it.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
aj - i don't know you, and you don't know me, but i can assure you that there is no attitude in my post. maybe i should break it down in terms that are clearer, and you can tell me where the attitude lies

1: "I'm going out on a limb here, but the preparation and takedown of a race should be the responsibilities of the promoters/organizers/whatever" - is this right or wrong?

2: "I know that the Ws are much appreciated for all of the work that they do" - am I incorrect in saying this?

3: "I'm not sure if "thanks" is the driving force behind promoting or pulling the plug on a race" - i can think of about 10 reasons why a race should or should not be run, and even if appreciation of participants was in that list, I would not weigh it as heavy as, say, insurance costs, application fees, permitting issues, sponsorship, etc, etc, etc,.

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed that the 12 hour is not being run, especially since it was on my to do list this year. You seem very passionate about the park and your support of bob and karen, but you should try not to get so defensive over here.

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
aj - i don't know you, and you don't know me, but i can assure you that there is no attitude in my post. maybe i should break it down in terms that are clearer, and you can tell me where the attitude lies

1: "I'm going out on a limb here, but the preparation and takedown of a race should be the responsibilities of the promoters/organizers/whatever" - is this right or wrong?

2: "I know that the Ws are much appreciated for all of the work that they do" - am I incorrect in saying this?

3: "I'm not sure if "thanks" is the driving force behind promoting or pulling the plug on a race" - i can think of about 10 reasons why a race should or should not be run, and even if appreciation of participants was in that list, I would not weigh it as heavy as, say, insurance costs, application fees, permitting issues, sponsorship, etc, etc, etc,.

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed that the 12 hour is not being run, especially since it was on my to do list this year. You seem very passionate about the park and your support of bob and karen, but you should try not to get so defensive over here.

Okay. Comment #1 sounded much like a dig that was posted about the All-A-Muchy race about takedown not being performed on the night of the race. Whoever posted that was on the other site, I believe. I guess that is what prompted my defensive posture. Sorry.

ryderX

The truth will set you free...

I am, along with the Workman's one of the "W's" in "W2 sports. It's a TON of work to put any event on. The 3 of us have families, real life jobs, and college careers, and oh yeah we like to ride our bikes. Though we are bummed out that we aren't running the 12 hour race this year, we would gladly lend our experience and time to anyone who'd like to put on an event. So step on up to the plate and starting planning. We have not ruled out a similiar type of event in the future. 2008 ?
IMBAman has/had nothing to do with our decision in regards to the 12 hour event, though he did raise serious issues that affect all of us. Rain dates are not viable in our little worlds. No matter how easy it seems from the sidelines the logistices are just not manageable. I also know that my 2007 training, racing, promoting schedule is pretty much written in ink already, and there ain't a whole lotta of free weekends between now and September 27th.
Unless you heard or hear it from Karin Workman, Bob Workman or Kris Weber (me) everything else nothing but idle internet static.
Ignore Alien Commands.

ryderX

Now I'm not getting defensive here, though what are you alluding to in respect to the above statement ? And again I'm not being defensive, though I kinda feel you dancing around the evil word, "MONEY". Do I win a prize?

Shaggz

A strong 7
read post 15 and the truth shall set you free.

Since I can't dance well, there is no prize for you. if I thought money was a motive, I would have stated it clearly.

BTW, thanks for the clarification, I hope you guys roll out the 12 in '08.

Last edited:
Top Bottom