Now on Maprika

moray42

Merman
I only come here about twice a year or so even though it is close, but went ahead and set up the park trail map last night. Had some friends that don't get out often on the trail for probably the first time this year, so took the opportunity to test the accuracy. As far as I can tell it is pretty close, so if you find yourself in the flatlands near LBI you should be good to go. Small park, but has some ok bits of elevation change.

giff06

Thanks for doing that! Like you we only ride there sporadically , mostly in the winter.

R Treb

Wells has tons of potential. The only trail maintenance is done by a few of us. In Summer gets overgrown fast.

moray42

Merman
Fun place but most of the bridges aren't suited for bikes.
True, although I think most of the trail was designed primarily for hiking. There are a few bits also that have a lot of fall line. Fine now, but last trip out I noticed a few spots that may end up being an erosion problem (mainly green off white trail by the cedar bog crossings).

R Treb

The Penn loop could be unreal. The usually unridden full loop ( with the two set of wooden steps) has some fun little elevation changes. Every time I am on there I think of the possiblities. Some of the singletrack is actually ridge cut, pretty cool. But as said, some of those bridges and the one set of wooden steps are not mtb friendly to say the least.

sjeronis

I remember one long narrow boardwalk I couldn't make it across because my bars were hitting trees on each side. I agree it has a lot of potential.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Top Bottom