Now I'm confused as hell

kimrey

I watched the very informative clip and feel like I need to watch my step now!

Down here in Richmond, Va there is a single thread for all new folk to introduce themselves on cyclingcentralva.org/forums (the host and one of the members told me about mtbnj.com) and on mtbnj.com it seems the new members are just starting a new thread for each intro. As I make my relocation from Richmond to Montclair NJ the last thing I want to do is make an ass of myself, so where do I post my hello?

Oh, and I understand that Essex County is mtb dry, where's the nearest legal, decent singletrack? Guess I could look around on the forums for the answer, but hey I'm new here - cut me some slack.

Shaggz

A strong 7
As I make my relocation from Richmond to Montclair NJ the last thing I want to do is make an ass of myself, so where do I post my hello?
right here :D

there are more asses than you can shake a stick at on this board, so don't worry about standing out. the reason why most new members have their own post is that it is one of the few places on this board where going off topic is OK.

Couple of hints, don't piss off the guys in red. Stay away from the freak in pink, and be wary of strangers with beards. As far as Essex goes, the Jersey Off Road Bicycling Association has been working to help lift the controversial MTB ban at South Mountain. JORBA is also the life blood for maintaining the trail networks and advocating for our rights in NJ - they are the members in Brown. Their web site is www.jorba.org - get involved when you can.

If you ask nicely and quietly, you will here about other areas in Essex, as well. There is a lot of good stuff with in 30 minutes driving from Montclair, and you will find that folks in NJ will be happy to show you around.

Welcome, noob...:D

Steve

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I watched the very informative clip and feel like I need to watch my step now!

Down here in Richmond, Va there is a single thread for all new folk to introduce themselves on cyclingcentralva.org/forums (the host and one of the members told me about mtbnj.com) and on mtbnj.com it seems the new members are just starting a new thread for each intro. As I make my relocation from Richmond to Montclair NJ the last thing I want to do is make an ass of myself, so where do I post my hello?

Oh, and I understand that Essex County is mtb dry, where's the nearest legal, decent singletrack? Guess I could look around on the forums for the answer, but hey I'm new here - cut me some slack.

When you get settled in shoot me over a PM; we're practically neighbors, I'll show ya the nearest goods.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
welcome aboard man. i lived in Alexandria VA for a while. welcome to the north!! just so you know, its NOT really suggested to put huge confederate flags on everything up here. lol.

NJ Jess

Welcome

Hope to ride with you some time. NJ is different than Va, but Jefferson lived here too. So, any good ride around Bush Gardens? Got a family reunion there next year.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
When you get settled in shoot me over a PM; we're practically neighbors, I'll show ya the nearest goods.

Um, I'd be a bit wary of Velocity Boy's goods,
but if he's showing you New Jersey's goods you'll probably be fine.

Welcome!:D

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard jersey does have nice places to ride all around the state....
oh and saying
but hey I'm new here - cut me some slack.
is just like putting a target on your chest :)

F

FallGirl1430

Welcome Kimrey,
You will find this site to be very helpful in finding places to ride. There are a bunch of cool people here, but just don't loan anyone money

Fallgirl ... :)

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
welcome aboard man. i lived in Alexandria VA for a while. welcome to the north!! just so you know, its NOT really suggested to put huge confederate flags on everything up here. lol.

Oddly ,the flags are ok a little farther north in the state:D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Oddly ,the flags are ok a little farther north in the state:D

yeah, when i read that i was confused, because the rebel flag is flown pretty regularly around these parts. i've had a little rebel flag liscence plate since i was a little kid.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi, I'm the crazy pink guy. I have a dukes of hazzard horn in my jacked up '82 scrambler and at one time had a confederate flag in my window**.

Welcome north son. :D

**i was in college at gettysburg and civil war buff.

liong71er

i live in clifton, i allways go garret mountain or high mountain, sometimes ringwood....i'll see u someday at trails.hints; a chinese guy riding titan HT.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
How do you like us so far? Oh, it is enevitable that, at some point, this thread will wander off (off topic). It happens a lot. (don't ask about shoes).

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
How do you like us so far? Oh, it is enevitable that, at some point, this thread will wander off (off topic). It happens a lot. (don't ask about shoes).
it's not that we wander off topic it's just nobody defines what the topic should be this one started out as "now I'm confused as hell" thats doomed from the start.. :)

Top Bottom