not sure if anyone's posted something like this before - but I did a pretty good

wonderturtle

10-mile loop today that hit every trail. never repeated any trails and sent me up most of the bigger hills (except the fire road and Laurel Ridge hills). my route today is shown in the second attachment. love my high-tech graphic skills?! should be easy enough to figure out my route starts/ends at the upper parking lot. this was a good workout for me.

then I wanted to figure out a route of similar length (probably around 10-11 miles) that hits every big uphill and doesnt repeat any trails. shown on the first attachment. will try this soon.

Attachments

• hartshorne_woods - 10+ mile route to try - hits every hill.GIF
    hartshorne_woods - 10+ mile route to try - hits every hill.GIF
    14.4 KB · Views: 307
  • hartshorne_woods - 10 mile trek.GIF
    hartshorne_woods - 10 mile trek.GIF
    12.3 KB · Views: 269

wonderturtle

oops. sorry about that.

so that the maps are visible to those without electron microscopes. I redid them.

the first one is the route I took yesterday.

the second one is a better route that hits all of the bigger hills. would guess about 10/11 miles. the map has it starting from the upper parking lot but it could just as easily start from the lower lot.

if anyone does this route let me know.

Attachments

• hartshorne_woods - 10 mile ride.JPG
    hartshorne_woods - 10 mile ride.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 332
  • hartshorne_woods - 10+ mile route to try - hits every hill.JPG
    hartshorne_woods - 10+ mile route to try - hits every hill.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

wonderturtle

Good route - slightly revised

hits all of the bigger hills. about 10/11 miles. the map has it starting from the upper parking lot but I usually start from the lower lot. works either way.

Attachments

• hartshorne_woods%20-%2010%2B%20mile%20route%20to%20try%20-%20hits%20every%20hill.JPG
    hartshorne_woods%20-%2010%2B%20mile%20route%20to%20try%20-%20hits%20every%20hill.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 233

xtrpureguts

Road the longer loop today. Nice idea. Parked at the top. Not sure from your map if you take the road or the trail up to the fireroad after the first loop of the bunker hill section. We took the trail. Pretty washed out put rideable on the right side. Played on the 2 1/2 foot drop on the left hand side of the fireroad. Thats a nice height for practicing drops (for me). Did the rest of the loop as shown but finished up by redoing the bunker hill section in the reverse direction of the start. That was the only improvement I have to offer. Good loop. Your post gave me the motivation to change up from our usual allaire ride on Sundays.

wonderturtle

Your post gave me the motivation to change up from our usual allaire ride on Sundays.
that's funny. since our usual Sunday morning ride is Hartshorne but instead we did Allaire today ;)

Not sure from your map if you take the road or the trail up to the fireroad after the first loop of the bunker hill section.
if I understand your question correctly - you take the trail. it has a good hill (short but pretty steep and rutty which makes it a challenge. which is the point of this route...hit every hill going UP :)

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions