Not Racing Ringwood? Allamuchy's Deer Park Oct 14th 8 am

Wazu

Sunday morning 8 am October 14th main parking lot at Deer Park. The pace will start slow and build to a creshendo with a second, 8.5 mile optional lap for those who wish to join me. Virtually no fire roads in this loop. Great place to SS. If you don't like to stop much you'll like this place. Would be nice to meet more people from mtbNJ in the process! ATTENTION: THIS JUST IN...Due to last minute whining by unnamed riders, the start time has been changed to 9 oclock am.

Last edited:
R

RyanE77

8am????????

Ill be there.. not to happy about 8am but i guess you got to do what you you got to do.

N

Neen

Ryan, I'm pretty sure Wazu promised a cookie platter if we could get there at 8am. :D

N

Neen

I think that was for the '08 race season, if I'm not mistaken.....
He's not going to want to ride with me anymore if I keep busting him about these cookies :rofl:

Wazu

Honestly it was gonna be 7 am but I wanted to attract a few people. Ever since I got these new pedals and cleats a few rides ago I've had a bundle of mini "stuck to my pedals" crashes and my wrists are toast. I was doing GREAT at not crashing all year too till just a few weeks ago when we went with graveyardman and jake and such. Time to rest my wrists and do the Deer and/or other similarly non techinical tracks for a month or so.

Wazu

Okay I'll bring cookies for all. I want to. As far as sandwiches for the races go, that's for the races that I show up at LOL. I thought I was on next year's team anyway. BTW Brian...I'll take you on an 8.5 mile loop that has a very teensy weensy tad of fire road and this place rolls fast too. Long climbs for sure, but do-able. There's also large logs, a couple of long skinny wooden bridges and a little bit of everything there and you won't be walking alot I assure you.

Mare

Maybe

I want to try there! Not sure if this weekend will work or not, but if not, I am dragging you out there again soon! I don't require cookies either. I just like to look at them. But if you could bring something green and organic, it'll be sure to gross everyone out and then more for me!

Wazu

LMAO. I'll bring a kashi bar for you. I love 'em! Hey Mare try to come. I know you and neen were talking about this weekend not being good but if that changes c'mon out! I'll be doing Deer Park for a few weeks in a row I'd say. I need to fine tune my cleats and pedals without having to worry about any cliffs or boulder gardens. My aching wrists. Hey Mare if it's the early start time I could fudge it to 9 oclock if you want. I won't do it for you Ryan, so don't ask. LOL JK:p

Mare

Poopy Head

I got the confirmation about this coming weekend and I won't be able to make Deer Park that's good water with you. What about the Saturday before the picnic?

Kashi...YUM!!!! And in return I am brining you duck tape.

Mare

Deer Park

Oops...the picnic is a Saturday. How about Deer Park (or Chimney Rock) the Sunday after the picnic?

Wazu

Mare I'll leave that one to you but I'm game for either. Early morning rides work better for me cause I can get a long ride in and still stay married at the same time. I'd love to lead a ride at Deer Park and I'd also love to do Chimney Rock for sure. Pick one, post the ride, and I'll show up with some friends. We could just go alone too. Whatever pumps yer nads! p.s. You'll be glad to know I have just purchased two new bibs so the view should be a little nicer when I'm leading. Ryan's &*^#@*! seat.

Mare

Choices

Well, let's just wait and see what we feel like. It's still a few weeks away. Ok...not even 2 weeks, but you get the idea. We have a picnic to focus on!

Can you do that thing with your leg again? Maybe I should still bring the tape for that just in case.

R

RyanE77

what about 9am

Ill tell you what!!!! you change the ride to 9 or 10 and ill bring whatever anyone wants...

P

Phatbiker

Sunday morning 8 am October 14th main parking lot at Deer Park. The pace will start slow and build to a creshendo with a second, 8.5 mile optional lap for those who wish to join me. Virtually no fire roads in this loop. Great place to SS. If you don't like to stop much you'll like this place. Would be nice to meet more people from mtbNJ in the process!

I plan on making this ride. Is the time 8 or 9am?

Phat

Mare

We still haven't even decided if we are doing Deer Park or Chimney Rock. We were going to wait until we got closer to the date, but if folks want answers now, I vote for 8 or 9. 10 is getting too late. 8 preferred, especially if Chimney Rock.

Phatbiker, you have a preference on location? Have you ridden both?

P

Phatbiker

We still haven't even decided if we are doing Deer Park or Chimney Rock. We were going to wait until we got closer to the date, but if folks want answers now, I vote for 8 or 9. 10 is getting too late. 8 preferred, especially if Chimney Rock.

Phatbiker, you have a preference on location? Have you ridden both?

i have ridden both.. i can put together a slightly longer loop at DP than Wazu suggests but it's not my call. the only reason that i prefer deer park is because i live closer. they are both fun.

phat

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not that I'm following that closely but isn't the ride for this Sunday set at Deer Park, and the next ride subject to debate (DP versus CR)? I think Phat is referring to this Sunday which, if I read correctly, is at Deer Park.

Wazu

This ride starts at 8 am and it's this Sunday. I'd LOVE to go with Phatbiker and have him lead any loop his heart desires. I'm very there man. Mare and I were talking future rides. gtg to work bye!:drooling:

Top Bottom