Not New

syadasti

Wet Rag
I've been a mountain biker for 19 years now and have mountain biked and lived all over the world (US, CA, NZ, and CR). I've covered the industry as an insider for hcor.net, been to Interbike numerous times.

I’ve seen the evolution of the sport and its equipment before my eyes. I have participated in variety of cycling sports, including DH, freeriding, XC, and road biking. Mountain biking has taken me to locales like NJ, NY, CT, MA, PA, NC, SC, VT, WA, UT, BC, and New Zealand.

I've owned/extensively used thirty bikes from sixteen different manufacturers over the years (28 MTBs, 1 road bike, and 1 commuter) but I've never had more than 5 at once and some have lasted me as long as 6 years.

In 2007 I helped build my friend Pete from Wellington, NZ a new bike (Red Turner Spot) and took him on a 3 week MTB tour of Northeast US he told me it was a trip of a lifetime for him (the photos get more interesting as towards the middle but are in no particular order). Most of the better photos were taken by friends and often we didn't take photos at all at some destinations (me and Pete agreed its better to flow than to stop all the time for photos):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24456556@N05/sets/72157604117886130/show/

sizedtourmap.jpg

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Great shots, dude. I believe I've seen them somewhere before (maybe on Pinkbike?) but some are really outstanding.
A favorite place?

syadasti

Wet Rag
Great shots, dude. I believe I've seen them somewhere before (maybe on Pinkbike?) but some are really outstanding.
A favorite place?

I never put them on Pinkbike, probably someone stole them as I never watermark my photos.

I like Fell Mountain and Prompton Dam the most - both in Carbondale, PA.

NJ Jess

A Beautiful Life

Is truely what it sounds like to me. Great to take biking vacations too! Then you know you are hooked. sooooo, any pictures of your NZ adven-tours? That's my dream place to vacation.

syadasti

Wet Rag
Is truely what it sounds like to me. Great to take biking vacations too! Then you know you are hooked. sooooo, any pictures of your NZ adven-tours? That's my dream place to vacation.

2002 Videos from NZ:

Sledging near Rotovegas (including 21 footer):
sledge21footer.jpg

sledge12footer.jpg

12K Jump
jumpshot2.jpg

River Valley Rafting
DSC04818.jpg

Rotoburn Canyoning
P1010275.jpg

Last edited:

syadasti

Wet Rag
A few NZ photos from 2005...
My Daily Red Rocks Ride from my house down to the beach:
redrocksclimbroute.jpg

redrocksgoingdown.jpg

Pete and his dog Ash (RIP) at Red Rocks Beach:
peteredrocks.jpg

Random Costa Rica Shots
dominicalfeb06.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

uggss.jpg

2318723898_8f1f4c82f5.jpg

Last edited:

syadasti

Wet Rag
A few NZ shots

MTB specific park in Wellington (everyone must yield to MTBer):D

makarapeaksign.jpg

Nice Singletrack just outside of Wellington (borrowed Pete's old Yeti HT)
Syadastimaungokotukutukusingletrack.jpg

syadasti

Wet Rag
More from 2001 taken with a crappy disposable.

Ten weeks in the Rockies with NOLS. Grand Tetons (3 weeks hiking), Salmon River (1 week rafting, duckies, guide boating), City of Rocks (3 weeks climbing), and some Oregon/Washington river (2 weeks whitewater canoe).

sheepinntlpark.jpg

salmonriverducks.jpg

rockygirls.jpg

oregonwhitewater.jpg

oregonhills.jpg

joshcityofrocksroute.jpg

idahorockiessunset2.jpg

idahorockiessunset1.jpg

See next post

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I never put them on Pinkbike, probably someone stole them as I never watermark my photos.

I like Fell Mountain and Prompton Dam the most - both in Carbondale, PA.

Welcome and great photos!

Just curious, when was the last time you rode Fell Mt? That used to be my favorite place to race, but I heard they strip mined it. If it was stripped, that is a shame, because that place was really nice.

syadasti

Wet Rag
Welcome and great photos!

Just curious, when was the last time you rode Fell Mt? That used to be my favorite place to race, but I heard they strip mined it. If it was stripped, that is a shame, because that place was really nice.

I rode it in the Fall and my friends from Ithaca rode it a few weeks ago. It was not strip mined, sections were logged but it was rerouted. Besides the reroutes there is a small bit of new trail this season:

BD 4-28-08 said:
It was freakin’ great. The ground was slightly soft in a couple of spots, but here was no mud whatsoever. And it was partly sunny most of the day.

And there are two new bits of singletrack connecting the Start Trail to the start of Squeeze Play. It completely by-passes the road (though it crosses the road twice) and doesn’t go behind the horse stables.

NJ Jess

Mind boggling

What a Beautiful world we live in,.....really gets you motivated to want to travel. I love the NZ pictures the riding in a tropical forest with snow on the trail,..wicked. How was the river surfing? I've always wanted to do that, but got into kayaking instead. If I wasn't racing the US Open this weekend,..JT Leigh valley would be awesome with all this rain.

Really glad to have you on board. Between anrothar and you, we have seen a lot more of the world. thanks!

syadasti

Wet Rag
What a Beautiful world we live in,.....really gets you motivated to want to travel. I love the NZ pictures the riding in a tropical forest with snow on the trail,..wicked. How was the river surfing? I've always wanted to do that, but got into kayaking instead. If I wasn't racing the US Open this weekend,..JT Leigh valley would be awesome with all this rain.

Really glad to have you on board. Between anrothar and you, we have seen a lot more of the world. thanks!

Thanks. I visited Tanzania (1 week) and Kenya (2 weeks) on photo safari also in xmas 2000/new years 2001. I lost those photos in a HDD crash but my sister has tons and my father has 5 hours of video. Its pretty amazing there - a completely different world and we saw every African animal you could think of. Because I didn't know about it ahead of time I missed an opportunity to mountain bike in Africa on the trip:(

Its always good to meet new people and ride new trails.

Here is some stuff I saved from my first time DHing. I had a Manitou EFC DH fork - 85mm (that was considered a DH fork then)

6Mtsnow95b.jpg

I bought my first chaintension device there - bullet brothers with the DH spring:D

marin95side.jpg

I rode this bike for 6 years and then sold it to a friend who rode it for four more years.

don

Welcome syadasti! Glad you joined up over here.

I've ridden with this guy off and on for a good 6 years and there isn't much terrain that he will back off from. I've seen him do sketch log rides and drops that didn't have much landing or runoff shaking my head in disbelief. Clarkenstein and whoever else has ridden with him will also agree to his lung power. He'd be able to place well in XC races if he ever had the desire to do so.

Syadasti's also has incredible knowledge on most any mtb part/technology so he'll be a good resource in the tech department. Like he said, he's had a LOT of bikes but they all got ridden and were definitely not "show pieces". But he takes very good car of his stuff so if he's selling something jump on it (I've bought a bunch of stuff from him over the years).

The only thing is - don't bring up Apple products. Just ask the folks on RM. :D

Welcome!

Top Bottom