Northern Valley (Bergen) riders

Yo Eddy

Looks like rain/snow on Saturday...and my road group is riding Sunday....

(btw - any other roadies here too? I know RNG1 has a road bike...)

Engignar

I've got a road bike too. Actually, two, if someone wanted to give it a try to see if they liked it I'd be happy to oblige.

Yo Eddy

I'm going to try to get out on the road tomorrow with a couple of guys. Am just getting over a small flu, so will probably not press too hard on the ride...probably a 30-35 mile ride...meeting at Ruckman parking lot at around 8:30am...

freeride

North Jersey

Is there for road rides or mtb? My winter project is to:

Gain a Better knowledge of the Ringwood/Ramapo Trail Network
Anyone know what map#'s are covered. Here's one topo map, although I can find a descent loop in the thing.

70494.jpg

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Is there for road rides or mtb? My winter project is to:

Gain a Better knowledge of the Ringwood/Ramapo Trail Network
Anyone know what map#'s are covered. Here's one topo map, although I can find a descent loop in the thing.

(image removed for redundancy)

Hey, Macman... you're teetering near the edge again.

Yo Eddy

sorry to hear that .. hope you get better soon .. where is ruckman lot btw?

Ruckman park is right on Piermont Road at the intersection of Piermont Rd. and Ruckman Rd in Closter. It's basically just a playground, soccer field and tennis courts for the locals and an easy place to meet. Depending on what we want to do, we do some combination of riding from there up to Nyack/Rockland Lake or turning up to 9W in Piermont (the town) and coming back down 9W to Fort Lee and into Palisades Interstate Park...or whatever combination of those areas we feel like doing on a particular day.

Fwiw, after warming up, we typically do 20-22mph on the flats on a 35 mile ride. The guys in the group vary on hill-climbing ability...for context, we range from 8mph-11mph going up the Alpine Boat Basin hill...

Last edited:
Top Bottom