Norm?!?!?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
smarencik said:
Aren't you supposed to be somewhere?

Odd, this post didn't show up in the new posts list. I was cruising for the maltodextrin thread and saw this.

I set up camp Friday but stayed home Friday night. With the 4 month-old I can only stay away from the house for so long.

Great time, btw. Highly recommend the experience, and doing it solo. Last year we did team and this year we broke it up and did solos. Much more fun this way.

Shaggz

A strong 7
ahh - i was wondering why i saw you on friday night. kudos to you for training and doing the race with a 4 month old. i inserted every excuse i had, not to do the race. did you get any night laps in?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We bailed on the night laps - it was the one thing I wanted to do, but it didn't work out. We ended Saturday after the 7:30 lap. A hot shower and a chicken fajita later, it was bedtime. We entertained the idea of getting up at 4:00 and rolling out at 5:00. By the time we hit the tents, we decided sleep was a better idea.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The solo group was huge at the start. My mistake was intentionally starting at the back.

Assuming you're not competing seriously (as in the guy who did 17 laps - wtf?) and you can do more than a lap or 2, solo is unquestionably - for me - the more enjoyable way to do it. This becomes moreso if you have a friend to ride with. Obvious downside is if you don't have remotely similar goals or abilities. But the guy I rode with had a SS. Even with that disparity we generally kept the same pace with no problems.

Top Bottom