Norm and Utah...Dot the right Thing!

Sevenz

FB friend request sent...

I guess we can agree to disagree...I'm with stb222 on this one...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
FB friend request sent...

Accepted, and trash posted on your wall already :getsome:

Serious note - at this point I'm not sure there's much more to say. I'll leave it open but I don't know if we're going to make much progress on this until there's more face-to-face and possible beer involved.

Robin

I kept quiet on this, but felt that perhaps this should have been something a little more private, with communication between those involved only.

I understand that people have the right to voice their opinions - but it just seems that this got ugly and beyond what could have been dealt privately.

Moving forward...it's August 7th already! :D

maddawg

the Mayor and I have conferred on the matter.
the Mayor has also conferred with Mrs. Mayor who entered all the results online after a long day volunteering at the scoring tent....

the results will stand as posted.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I kept quiet on this, but felt that perhaps this should have been something a little more private, with communication between those involved only.

This is the last thing I will say in this thread:

Norm puts himself out there in a public forum in almost everything he does outside of his professional career. This makes handling this outside of a public setting almost impossible. There are just too many people that follow what he does.

He is the leader of this website and the team and how this is/was handled says something about himself, the website and the team. Everyone's perception is different on what that something is but I am disappointed on how this all played out.

Ofar

I think you should be satisfied with third place. If Steve and I didn't make a wrong turn and if Aaron doesn't have a mechanical, you would have finished in sixth. After all, you were 8 minutes behind Kirt and 26er. It wasn't like you were setting the course on fire.

To be honest with you, walking up to see the results I was hoping we cracked the top 10. I do not consider myself a "racer", I've only raced a handful of times & definitely don't take this sh!t seriously. But it was cool to land on the box 2nd or 3rd either way. And we were up there b/c we didn't make mistakes & we ride tight Cannondales (Scalpel 29er & a Flash).:D

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It shows that you and the MTBNJ team can maintain the integrity that has been built over the last couple of years. .

The integrity was maintained the minute Norm went to maddawg and said he may have missed part of the course. When he came and told me that after my lap, I had no doubt about his honestly and integrity. As far as kicking maddawg in the nuts...It would be. I also don't want to do that because he went with the information that he had in hand...which was not a map or a strava link. Would his decision be different if we hap a laptop there to show the strava loop right after the race? Dont know, he would have to answer. But what he had to go on was: Ok you have about.5mi less on a garmin mileage which is often wrong, you aren't 100% sure, and you guys were 30min ahead on the guys in second place....With that info in hand, i can understand his decision. But by coming forward, posting the info on strava, letting this thread play out and not shutting it down, I don't know...seems pretty upfront and honest to me. Plus all of this info puts an asterisk on the race results no matter what. In my mind, im guessing in Norm's and with everyone else who has read this. I would happily photochop Kirt and 26ers head onto ours in the podium pic, then call them fat. :)

Ill say for the 50th time now....Take me off the results sheet, i don't care.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think Norm and Utah should do the right thing and take the winning moneys and donate it to the pita for killing all the kittens.

maddawg

picture.php

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Did the typo in the title bother anyone else as much as it bothered me?

holy crap I was just gonna say if we keep on bringing is stupid thred up can somebody please fix that title !

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ok, Walter got what he wanted. He's obviously been baiting me to ban him and he got his wish.

Sorry to see you go but you went over the line. Well you went over the line like 3 times but I let the first 2 slide.

Top Bottom