Norm and Utah...Dot the right Thing!

Ofar

Not only did he cut a section out he was also cheating by riding a Scalpel
29er. If it was up to me I'd ban him for keeps.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
29er. If it was up to me I'd ban him for keeps.

this is the only thing that makes 100% sense to 100% of everyone. :D

sometimes.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
this place hasn't been this abuzz since walter dressed up in women's clothing.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I also tied 2 live kittens to the bike before the race. FYI.

Not fairly immediately, btw: exactly 30 seconds after the lap was over. Then I went and tied 2 more kittens to Woody's truck.

You'd never know Kirt rode up with me yesterday. Next time I'm not leaving ANY chips for you.

Regardless, I encourage anyone who is pissed about this to voice their opinion. I don't want anyone to feel like we're squashing their voice here.

Also, since this is what all the promoters used to tell me when I complained, feel free to build a better mousetrap.

Thanks to Darkhorse for a great event once again.

Sevenz

When the results were posted Norm and Utah were not even listed on it...It had Kirts team as finishing first and my friends team finishing second...There was nothing to bring up to the promoter! Nothing was ever made public (to my knowledge) by the promoter that this is the decision he made other wise I'm sure many people would have filed complaints day of...Cut Course...miss turn...= DQ!!

I'm not going to chime in anymore on either side of the issue, but will say that the time and place for this to be handled is at the race, not the day after. It seems clear that there was some suspicion yesterday, so that should have been brought to the attention of the scoring team/race promoter within a timely fashion of results being posted- this is the standard at ALL races, sanctioned or not. After that, the window is closed. In this scenario, the promoter was made aware of the situation on race day and it was resolved. The outcome is certainly debatable and its an unfortunate situation that I'm sure all involved would rather not have to deal with- but its done, results are finalized.

Scoring and running races is difficult, especially when racers want results as quickly as possible. Sometimes judgement calls have to made quickly. It seems like Darkhorse had another home run event overall.

SpartaBard

When the results were posted Norm and Utah were not even listed on it...It had Kirts team as finishing first and my friends team finishing second...There was nothing to bring up to the promoter! Nothing was ever made public (to my knowledge) by the promoter that this is the decision he made other wise I'm sure many people would have filed complaints day of...Cut Course...miss turn...= DQ!!

Ok buddy. You made your point, you're beating a dead horse.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

We were actually, but the teams were incorrect, I was listed on steve mancuso's team, who had dnf'd. My real name isnt Utah Joe :) I agree with the points both you and kirt made and I would have not objected to being dq'd.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ya'll bunch of clowns
try a real man's endurance race then you'll earn the right to be keyboard nazis
:wedgie:

This guy does 1 100 miler & is talking shit (which I believe you did in your shorts during :D). Yeah I haven't gotten the balls to try 1 yet but I think I suckered Woody in to joining me next yr for the 101. :getsome:

look, we can debate this all day. about 1/2 are going to fall into one camp, 1/2 the other. 100% will never be happy.
?

Isn't that what this forum is for? So are you saying 50% of racers would agree with this call? I think the number would be like 95% plus disagreeing with it. We could have Pearl set up a poll if needed.

29er.

I have the same bike & it didn't help me all that much.

You'd never know Kirt rode up with me yesterday. Next time I'm not leaving ANY chips for you.

I ate half a bag of salt & vinegar today, man they were good. 40% less fat of course.

Sevenz

Hey Norm...In your next podcast please summarize how Norm "the Race Promoter" would have handled this...

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lesson I learned today- not only is Norm the Master of time bending but rule bending as well.

I hope Clapper doesnt see this thread, poor ol bastard

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Isn't that what this forum is for? So are you saying 50% of racers would agree with this call? I think the number would be like 95% plus disagreeing with it. We could have Pearl set up a poll if needed.

i just picked arbitrary numbers but my point is, you can't please everyone.

FTR, i can argue either side. like Shaq, i'm amphibious!

soulchild

Only one way to settle this.......

DANCE OFF!

0172.gif

Top Bottom