Norm and Utah...Dot the right Thing!

Sevenz

Not saying this was intentional but Norm...You cut the course!!! Do the right thing...Contact Dark Horse and take your DQ...

Cut Course:
CutCourse.jpg

Actual Full Course:
Fullcourse.jpg

Ofar

Yes he did & it was so obvious too. I was waitng for my teammate to come in & saw him finish the lap better then mid pack in the Mens Elite which started 2 minutes earlier. So my team finished 3rd, I guess this post bumps us up to 2nd place.

ChrisRU

Anyone who knows Norm or Utah would know that if either did infact cut the course it was not intentional. No need to throw any accusations around or demand they fess up, I'm sure this will get resolved shortly.

Looking at the layout in the GPS file it seems like this would have been an easy piece of course to miss if it wasn't marked well enough- you wouldn't hit wrong way arrows.

map111158

Yes he did & it was so obvious too. I was waitng for my teammate to come in & saw him finish the lap better then mid pack in the Mens Elite which started 2 minutes earlier. So my team finished 3rd, I guess this post bumps us up to 2nd place.

How does that make it obvious he cut the course?
Ive been in many lap-based races in which the guys doing the team category finish their laps minutes ahead of the top solo elite riders who are doing the full distance race and have adjusted their pacing accordingly.

Ofar

I'm not saying they're "bad guys" at all, I have no idea who they are. I just knew when the first teammate came across that something didn't seem right.

mandi

I think there was a better way of handling this... maybe by PMing Norm directly or contacting DH.

I know there were a few spots where I almost went off course. Like at the last turn, the arrows were gone by the time I got there. I almost went right until I realized there was no trail there. Shit happens, and clearly it was a mistake. Sucks to hear

MST.ESQ

Though interested in the outcome here I can say for sure that this was not an appropriate way to raise the issue with him. Also, I am fairly certain Norm is smart enough not to throw his GPS up on Strava if he intended to cheat.

Ofar

How does that make it obvious he cut the course?
Ive been in many lap-based races in which the guys doing the team category finish their laps minutes ahead of the top solo elite riders who are doing the full distance race and have adjusted their pacing accordingly.

Because I knew guys that came in after him that f*ckin' motor no matter how many laps they're doing. Everyone has their own opinion and to mine it was pretty obvious. No biggie, I could actually care less. If it meant that much to me I would have said something yesterday at the race.

gtluke

The Moped
I think they won by like half an hour no? How long was that section? 1/4 mile? Sucks that it happened. When I went out to take my pictures I got to an intersection after the left out of Major Mike's and I had no idea where to go. I found the sign had fallen over in the weeds and I put it back up the best I could. I was nervous the whole time that it had fallen over again. I couldn't get the post into the ground for the life of me. I was banging on it with a rock for like 5 minutes. Stewart is so hard to mark, there are like 9 billion intersections.

maddawg

We at Darkhorse were aware of this.
Norm was honest with us and showed me his gps.
as it was he was off the front from the start and the gap that they built was much larger than the short piece he missed.
I made the call and let their result stand.

no one needs to fess up or do anything different.

it was my call and I made it.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i don't know the facts, but i assume if norm and utah are in the wrong, i am 110% confident they will make it right. i'm sure they're deep in txtversation right now, furiously tapping pudgy fingers on small, rectangular devices.

Because I knew guys that came in after him that f*ckin' motor no matter how many laps they're doing. Everyone has their own opinion and to mine it was pretty obvious. No biggie, I could actually care less. If it meant that much to me I would have said something yesterday at the race.

dude, don't say you don't care. you do. it's blatantly obvious in this post.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We at Darkhorse were aware of this.
Norm was honest with us and showed me his gps.
as it was he was off the front from the start and the gap that they built was much larger than the short piece he missed.
I made the call and let their result stand.

no one needs to fess up or do anything different.

it was my call and I made it.

and there ya go. thanks for chiming in mike, much appreciated.

kush

But Mike, I do think the $75,000 prize money needs to be pulled back, as well as the National Stewart Championship standings adjusted. They would have only won by 20 minutes, and that's just way too thin of a margin for error in the grand scheme of things, this being the Rio 2016 qualifier and all that.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for the post Mike. It's appreciated.

Thanks also to those of you who stood up for me/us and not assuming the worst. It's appreciated tremendously.

The rest of you who have doubts about my honesty will have voodoo dolls constructed in your honor. Please send me a locket of your hair and a saliva sample.

Thanks.

maddawg

But Mike, I do think the $75,000 prize money needs to be pulled back, as well as the National Stewart Championship standings adjusted. They would have only won by 20 minutes, and that's just way too thin of a margin for error in the grand scheme of things, this being the Rio 2016 qualifier and all that.

crap your right!
oh we only paid them 75k? shit....i thought it was supposed to be 75k each? oh well score one for us!!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's

But I've got my torch all lit, some rocks in my pocket, a pitchfork ready...c'mon!
Burnnnnnn!!!!

Top Bottom