Nockamixon, PA

I know this is an old post, but where are these other places you mentioned? I don't recognize the names of the trails. Trying to decide where to go Sunday instead of NOX...
Wiss = Wissahickon and Belmont are in Philly. Both are parts of Fairmount Park. Brandywine State Park is in Wilmington, DE. With all the recent rain, Wiss and BW will have some muddy spots, but with more elevation, should be ok to ride this weekend. Belmont is a solid maybe.

As @KenS mentioned, Trailforks is your friend.

Wiss = Wissahickon and Belmont are in Philly. Both are parts of Fairmount Park. Brandywine State Park is in Wilmington, DE. With all the recent rain, Wiss and BW will have some muddy spots, but with more elevation, should be ok to ride this weekend. Belmont is a solid maybe.

As @KenS mentioned, Trailforks is your friend.

Thanks, I use Trailforks, I was just wasn’t sure what your abbreviations meant.

Nox is primo right now. Go get some.
PXL_20230408_173234034.jpg
PXL_20230408_165622115.jpg

Rain in NJ yesterday afternoon and evening but I noticed not so much to the west. Nox was very ridable. Trails were damp but firm with just a few puddles here and there (usual places?). Kudos to the trail builders because they shed water well for a place that drains poorly.

IMG_7800.jpg

Still closed on RideNox. How can these trails still be "closed for the season"? Freeze/thaw is probably more than 95% over.

With Nox now, it's not freeze/thaw as much as wet/muddy conditions.
Yes, I get that. Just like Six Mile and some other parks, Nox should not be ridden for a few days after a lot of rain and I do not ride it under those conditions. But, Six Mile is good to go, even after the recent rain, so I can't imagine Nox is still wet / muddy. It has had 3 or 4 days to dry out, so I don't understand why "trails closed for the season" is still on.

Yes, I get that. Just like Six Mile and some other parks, Nox should not be ridden for a few days after a lot of rain and I do not ride it under those conditions. But, Six Mile is good to go, even after the recent rain, so I can't imagine Nox is still wet / muddy. It has had 3 or 4 days to dry out, so I don't understand why "trails closed for the season" is still on.

It's basically the park in conjunction with the trail builders/maintainers making the decision there. Unfortunately, for every responsible rider like yourself, there are 12 people who simple DGAF and will ride in mud the second the sign comes down. The sad reality is that people cannot be relied on to make good decisions.

Back
Top Bottom