No one's perfect, I'll lead this parade...

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Long time ago my Dad had back problems. His doc suggested stretching and sone excersizes. Ever since then I've streched and my back is good. Lots if back problems stem from tight hamstring and butt muscles. try working on those 1st.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So DT, are you racing IF this weekend or what?
By the way, I think @jShort has been sticking pins in his little Turbo Vodoo doll. Go easy on him Jeremy.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I go to a ChiroCracker once a week to bend me back into position. It helps a lot.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So DT, are you racing IF this weekend or what?
By the way, I think @jShort has been sticking pins in his little Turbo Vodoo doll. Go easy on him Jeremy.

I feel like this happens to me once or twice a year. I think I over react but in all reality it's a bitch when you come home from a recovery ride at night and can't even walk into the chiro office the next day. 90% sure it's a combo of tight hamstrings and quads from racing sunday. There was a lot of seated efforts as well as standing climbing. Reality is I put in a ton of work, on the bike, off the bike etc. I have a herniated disk to begin with. I delivered soda for five years and pretty much pick up atleast one or two 75-100lb objects at work every day. I am destined for this. I have scared myself away from stretching while cold etc but in reality I need to stretch. I do foundationtraining.com workouts with a foam roller twice a week but I need to focus on day of stretching.

As for IF, I am registered. I really want to do it and today my hip felt 1000X better(this tells me it's just over use/lack of stretching). I am gonna ride to my son's Tball game after work tomorrow and then make a decision. I may just go to IF and start out super easy and then pick off the "XC" racers as they die off at the 1:20 mark:D

RobW

Yoga! It really helps! Try some YouTube stuff geared for cyclists... works like magic

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I may just go to IF and start out super easy and then pick off the "XC" racers as they die off at the 1:20 mark:D
Now that's mean. We are all family and friends, everyone gives 100% of what they have and we have to respect that. Do your best and be proud if your results, period.
Hope you do well if you go and feel better. Hope life gets easier for you. But then again, That's life (that's life) that's what people say
You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June .
Good luck

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Now that's mean. We are all family and friends, everyone gives 100% of what they have and we have to respect that. Do your best and be proud if your results, period.
Hope you do well if you go and feel better. Hope life gets easier for you. But then again, That's life (that's life) that's what people say
You're riding high in April
Shot down in May
But I know I'm gonna change that tune
When I'm back on top, back on top in June .
Good luck
That was sarcasm at it’s finest. Unfortunately xc racers race cx length races now. It iswhat it is.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is it tight hip flexors? I have issues with that and some basic and quick stretching really helps. It hides itself as tight hamstrings. Forgive me, I didn’t read everything above.

@Mitch isnt it flying high in April, die in July?
No

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
giphy.gif

Top Bottom