No longer looking

mtn

Wanting to replace my Rockshox Domain (which no longer has parts available) for a similar 160mm travel fork for an older 26" wheel, non-boost, non-taper.
Current fork has a 20mm maxle, so I believe I need a 20mm axle.

Just seeing if anyone has something for $100 or less.

mtn

What's wrong with your domain(s) and what parts do you need? I can see if I have anything.

Had been slowly seeping out oil from the bottom for a couple years. And even though the shop says it is fine, I can’t get it to compress. So essentially I have a 1” travel bike. Maybe there is a spring in there like there was in my Boxxer which is not compatible with my weight. Not sure.

Aresab310

formerly RSabarese
Could be the rebound damper o-ring. The older RS Recons and Toras had a problem that sounds similar (I've had a few of them). What happens to those is the damper oil goes past that oring seal and fills up the lowers then the fork really can't compress it has no room. I have those o-rings, I had bought a quantity when they were pennies for the Toras. I'm not sure if they're the same but we could try. It could also be the moco damper tube cracked, another common problem. PM me if you want to schedule time to look at it. I'm not a shop, I do it for fun but have been doing it for a really long time...

w_b

Rick does do it for fun, and he nailed it with my fork. He took it apart and reassembled it, fixed. Replaced the offending O Ring +++. I helped. Thanks again, Bud, I be riding smooooooth again!

Last edited:
Top Bottom