No Country for Old Men

D

DANSPANK

I just saw this film last night. I liked the film but I was expecting a bit more of a twisty plot and then Tommy-Lee's dream speach at the end just seemed to end and the credits rolled.

I must've missed something.

There are some bright sparks on here so can someone fill me in?

ArmyOfNone

Me Too!

I rented this last night and me and my friend were totally lost at the end! Gah!

I really thought the movie was really good overall, the killing...the killing and that silencer on the shotgun was pretty awesome too! :getsome:

I too hope someone can share some insight on the conclusion of this flick.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
There's no "one message" to the movie. It has a lot of things to say, and works on a couple different levels. But the title of the movie should clue you in to the struggle of Tommy Lee Jones' character and explain in part the ending.

Ballsy move by the Coen Brothers to end it that way, since it was sure to leave some people scratching their heads. Not spelling it out or wrapping it up neatly leaves more room for thought and interpretation...

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
What was confusing?? The dude just killed her cause he said he would.She got some money, the mexicans got some money and maybe he got caught later on and maybe the sheriff retired or not. I found that big killer dudes character extremly similar to my personality (unbending determination with no interest in hospitals) I loved that it was just real, no drama bs to explain motives for choices, people just do what they do cause they can. The syringe and rinsing in the motel room almost made me puke though.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just saw this film last night. I liked the film but I was expecting a bit more of a twisty plot and then Tommy-Lee's dream speach at the end just seemed to end and the credits rolled.

I must've missed something.

There are some bright sparks on here so can someone fill me in?

you didn't miss anything dan. the cohen's (from what i have read) stayed dead-true to mccarthy's book. unfortunately there are a lot of nuiances that are in the book that probably didn't translate well into the movie. for the sake of film, a shoot 'em up ending prolly would have been better.

edit: i did not see the movie but read the book.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I was happy cause the GF took me and the title was ???????? so i was expecting a chick flick. What i got was an ultra focused, unbending human death machine!!

D

DANSPANK

It wasn't the GF getting killed, or blokey just walking off form the car crash with his arm bone sticking out. All the kiiling balanced-out. The mexican guys got their money, and older sheriffs are simply too past-it to handle that kind of stuff now - I've got all that. But just how Tommy Lee was describing his dream, getting more and more depressed and perhaps scared, and then it ended... As Jamie said, I was a-head scratchin'.

ArmyOfNone

It wasn't the GF getting killed, or blokey just walking off form the car crash with his arm bone sticking out. All the kiiling balanced-out. The mexican guys got their money, and older sheriffs are simply too past-it to handle that kind of stuff now - I've got all that. But just how Tommy Lee was describing his dream, getting more and more depressed and perhaps scared, and then it ended... As Jamie said, I was a-head scratchin'.

My thoughts exactly. Good point on the title as well Bogs i didnt catch that at first.

olegbabich

The moral of the story is that all of your actions in life have consequences; at least I think that’s what it is all about.

Top Bottom