NJ Mountain Bike Festival

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There were approximately 15+ of us lucky enough to jump on the Iggy & Mitch ride which was a total blast. They put together a solid loop allowing us to get to the top as quickly as possible in order to enjoy, IMHO, New Jersey's best XC downhill. A HUGE Thank You to the Ringwood Crew for the countless hours of back breaking work that was put into this entire park for all of our enjoyment. I know from first hand experience that this is a tremendous amount of work. Thank You!!!

In an effort to do my best in capturing a moment in time for all, I rode down a bit and did my best in trying to find a great spot for an action shot of the group as they ripped down the White Trail. Here are my results:

1569888654772.png

@jdgang
1569888805412.png

1569888867729.png

1569888913781.png

1569888953951.png

1569888987282.png

1569889036217.png

1569889071528.png

1569889121959.png

1569889154225.png

SmooveP

There were approximately 15+ of us lucky enough to jump on the Iggy & Mitch ride which was a total blast. They put together a solid loop allowing us to get to the top as quickly as possible in order to enjoy, IMHO, New Jersey's best XC downhill. A HUGE Thank You to the Ringwood Crew for the countless hours of back breaking work that was put into this entire park for all of our enjoyment. I know from first hand experience that this is a tremendous amount of work. Thank You!!!

In an effort to do my best in capturing a moment in time for all, I rode down a bit and did my best in trying to find a great spot for an action shot of the group as they ripped down the White Trail. Here are my results:

Great pics, man! Thanks for taking these. Some really good shots in there.

ilnadi

Wonderful day. Joined the NICA ride, had a great time. Then chickened out of the intermediate ride and did the yellow loop with my son on a Niner demo (that may have been a mistake, now I am trying to figure out how many things I need to sell...). He kicked my butt as usual; complained when I begged for easier trails, and happily told the household last night that I ate his dust literally and figuratively. Only took a few pics (ok, not the best stitching job I've done)

NICArideAtFest.jpg

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
HUGE Thank You to the Ringwood Crew for the countless hours of back breaking work that was put into this entire park for all of our enjoyment.
This Crossover trails makes Bikefest so successful, it offers different lines for different skill levels and provides flow for everyone. @pixychick and Art spent years working on this with the State Park, Jorba volunteers and layed out and built an incredible trail.

Great shots, my 120 suspension bottomed out upon landing?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks to EVERYONE involved in putting this event on each year. It seems like it just keeps getting better and better.
Will looks forward to this every year, mostly for the pizza (he misses the skinnies from Jungle tho). We had a great time. Hopefully the event generated a lot of new JORBA memberships and got some new people out in the woods!!

2FA3A2B4-BE13-4F91-A4DE-BEF1732553E9.jpeg
CB1355E5-6B61-4C3A-8ECC-4F018AC4DCBA.jpeg

oobaa47

Amazing day!! Thank you to Jorba, Art, Ellen, and all the other awesome people that made this day possible! Good times.....

Does anyone happen to know the routes they took for the little grom rides? Looking for something for my kids to handle that doesn't have much elevation or rocks. There was a little kids ride at 10:30 and another kids ride at 12:30 for more experienced kids. Just was wondering what loop they did for these two rides. Thanks!

MVIMG_20190929_121328.jpg
MVIMG_20190929_101703_1.jpg

Jorbafest even had attendees from outside this country....my buddy from the Great White North sending it.....

Last edited:

JDurk

Great time riding the NNJ trails. Group of us from SNJ made a long weekend out of it. Rode Wawayanda Friday afternoon and camped. Packed up Saturday morning and trekked to the camping area, setup, built the firepit and rode from Ringwood to Sterling and back. Sunday rode the long demo loop twice before venturing further out along the Skylands Trail and some unfortunate hike-a-bike on the Ringwood Ramapo Trail. Saw a few familiar faces. Found this on the trail Sunday if anyone is missing it.
1569959326513.png

Last edited:

Kaleidopete

Since everyone seemed to have a great time I thought I'd mention an upcoming event at
Ringwood / Botanical Gardens. October 19 2019 Harvest / Beer fest. Maybe some bikers want to get together & ride too.

October 19 (Saturday), 10 am-5 pm
Harvest Fest. Hayrides and pumpkin painting are just the start of a fun-filled family weekend.
There'll be games, face painting, applesauce making, booths, exhibits, and many free activities for the youngsters.
Enjoy the Beer Garden, tasty food, all-day music and dancing, an autumn Plant Sale, free garden tours, lots of great photo ops,
and much more! Free admission. Parking: $5/car.
Beer fest.JPG

V-Dub

It really takes a lot of people to pull this event off, these's a few of us who get things organized during the year but there are all the people who make it work day of. It takes a lot of ride leaders and sweeps, everyone who worked reg, trail prep, handling swag, the guy who put the arrows up at the last minute and so on. I just want to thank all of you for helping out, you guys make the fest work. I'm not done cleaning up or putting every thing away so it's too soon to talk about next year but we do have a date penciled in. Again thanks to all who helped out and came out!

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It really takes a lot of people to pull this event off, these's a few of us who get things organized during the year but there are all the people who make it work day of. It takes a lot of ride leaders and sweeps, everyone who worked reg, trail prep, handling swag, the guy who put the arrows up at the last minute and so on. I just want to thank all of you for helping out, you guys make the fest work. I'm not done cleaning up or putting every thing away so it's too soon to talk about next year but we do have a date penciled in. Again thanks to all who helped out and came out!
Big thanks to you and your boss, Mary Beth. You 2 never get the credit you guys deserve and especially MB for having to work with you and Tom @Bleeder and his Hot Spot Transponder. All you guys and the unmentionables are what makes this happen and allow us to enjoy. Thanks again, now go listen to Mrs VW.

JDurk

Thanks for the tour of Wawayanda on Friday.

Top Bottom