NJ Mountain Bike Festival 2018 Edition

Mtbdog

We'll have to see what the park looks like after this weekend. They have Ringwood Day up at the lake, maybe they will get rid of that leaner, and any other nuisance blockages.
Hope for the best.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Ok, so we’re a couple days away and there hasn’t been any additional info on the camping situation. I kinda expected some sort of follow-up e-mail for those of us that pre reg’d for it. Anyone camp there last year have the inside scoop?

The site just mentions being there before 8pm Saturday. Since setting up camp in the dark sucks I’m thinking arrive sometime before 5. I assume the camp grounds are either just off the lot or somewhere down by the lake.

Thx

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Sorry, been waiting for registration to finish. But I better but something together. You can find some general info on the camping page here. So, camping is in Shepherds Lake Recreation Area, adjacent to the festival. North of the building between the lake and the parking lot. You can camp in the field or under the trees. We have a fire permit, 8PM is the latest the park wants people to arrive. Yes, by all means come early. Other than camping here are no official activities on Saturday. The JORBA crew will be putting on finishing touches Saturday afternoon. I'm sure more likely that not plenty of people will be rolling out on rides.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Ok, so we’re a couple days away and there hasn’t been any additional info on the camping situation. I kinda expected some sort of follow-up e-mail for those of us that pre reg’d for it. Anyone camp there last year have the inside scoop?

The site just mentions being there before 8pm Saturday. Since setting up camp in the dark sucks I’m thinking arrive sometime before 5. I assume the camp grounds are either just off the lot or somewhere down by the lake.

Thx
Oh and I forgot to mention, Tom Stanowski will be managing camping, so look for him when you arrive.

stevie.mtb

I'll be off on a group ride in the morning, but if anyone wants to join me for a ride on our own in the afternoon, shoot me a pm. Looking for a good intermediate route. If you know your way around, perfect. If you don't, I'm always open for an adventure.

serviceguy

I almost missed the registration. Looking forward to meet some real people...I'll be the chubby guy with a military green vintage K2 Proflex...
IMG_2575_small.jpg

serviceguy

It was nice to meet some of you, unfortunately 3 punctures on the first ride after 15 years off the bike tested my resolute in a major way, then I had to walk home...shopping for a serious repair kit right now since carrying two spare tubes doesn’t seem to cut it!

Top Bottom