Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Allamuchy

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaggz

A strong 7
If you had to choose 1 trail for the ultimate northern NJ ride experince, would if be Allamuchy or Ringwood, and why?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
If you had to choose 1 trail for the ultimate northern NJ ride experince, would if be Allamuchy or Ringwood, and why?

IMO Allamuchy would bring the pain where as Ringwood is probably more tolerable across a broader spectrum of riders. Personally I love Allamuchy but you can go twice as far in half the time at Ringwood. LOL

Speaking of, I'm about due for a Ringwood ride... CARL, WHERE ARE YOU?

EtE

I don't know either well enough to comment, really. I think a move to North Jersey might be in my near future.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i voted for the mooch, but i think doing 15 laps at the tourne would be the BEST EVER!!! :D

Judge Smails

I hadn't been to Ringwood in almost 2 years until this past weekend. Did a quick 2 hour ride and tried to remember why I haven't been there in so long.

This is a tough choice, I might have to say Allamuchy just because it's so big and so under used. I mostly ride the Tranquility Farms side of the park and I never see another rider. Although, there are few things better than a Skyline Dr ride followed by dropping into Ringwood.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
we rode the tranquility farms side this weekend, and it was just incredible.

And by just incredible he means extremely painful!

Shaggz

A strong 7
come on - even i have to admit that single track at the end was the bomb. as usual, i wish i had the energy to enjoy it to it's fullest.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
come on - even i have to admit that single track at the end was the bomb. as usual, i wish i had the energy to enjoy it to it's fullest.

Yeah it was sick for sure! There was still a weeeee bit more that we could have hit right at the end that I wish I knew about. :(

Judge Smails

What trails did you hit?

That side of the park has seen a few very technical trails built in the past year or two - lots of expossed rock, rock gardens and drops. I think that was an element that was lacking in Allamuchy.

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
i was in such a world of hurt, that I couldn't attend to the route we took. i think we hit some trails called freaking middle, cardiac upper and lower, ice cream, some new gnarly-ass trail (at the top of one of the cardiacs?) with some really technical rock rollers, then there was some great single track blazed with orange tape that criss-crossed a washed out fire road, with a cool rock bridge, then another single track run through some pine stands to a parking area ON 517, then an old roadbed ride to the cars.

jay gps'ed the route and did a data overlay on aerials and the trail map in one of the father's day ride threads.

i'm wondering if that was the dh trail we hit at the end. scott said it was recently built.

Last edited:
A

Ant

Pain makes you stronger. The more you suffer, the faster you get. Go for the harder ride.

Top Bottom