NJ DMV

Recently I had a 95 Jeep that inspection was not required on, my 97 Jeep still needed inspection. DMV told me 25 years. All they check was emissions. I went to an actual DMV location. If emissions are good and no lights are on you’re golden. View attachment 172797

so this is what i was thinking of, obviously it doesnt matter anymore since 95 was more than 25 year ago. . .

Scrape off the old sticker and you are good to go. When you register the car you'll get an inspection exemption letter. Stick that in your glove box if stopped by dumb cop (Trooper).
That's what I did with the truck even though it was a 1999. Never an issue. :cool:
(P.S. Maybe it was that it looked so crappy they figured it must have been pre-1995. :()

Scrape off the old sticker and you are good to go. When you register the car you'll get an inspection exemption letter. Stick that in your glove box if stopped by dumb cop (Trooper).
My Porsches never had a sticker in the window, was never pulled over. Same for many other owners.

My 2003 Jeep only every had the initial inspection sticker. It pretty much fell off after being rained on with the top down too many times and I never bothered getting it inspected again. I sold it in 2018, never had any issues with it not being inspected.
IMG_20180201_130503.jpg

So, I tried the online renewal for my DL, got interrupted twice after entering the CC info and got I message that I should try later…now I just got two e-mails that my payment has been processed so I’m out of $50 and still haven’t renewed my DL? Is this a new scam by the Great State of New Jerk-sey ?

So, I tried the online renewal for my DL, got interrupted twice after entering the CC info and got I message that I should try later…now I just got two e-mails that my payment has been processed so I’m out of $50 and still haven’t renewed my DL? Is this a new scam by the Great State of New Jerk-sey ?

i'm sure ya know ya don't have to pay for things charged to a cc if you don't receive the goods or service?

Can the DL be now renewed online ? Green card holder, not citizen. Also can't be bothered to check but will if no one were to answer...
Not sure if green card holder makes a difference but yes you can renew it online.

Wife and I did that during COVID and they just used the old pics.

The law change is permanent to allow DL renewals online but not sure if your scenario requires in person or some other documents

i'm sure ya know ya don't have to pay for things charged to a cc if you don't receive the goods or service?
I'm not paying for it but I don't see why I have to be bothered with disputing the cahtges when the whole process did not go through due to what appeared to be overbearing website traffic.
Not sure if green card holder makes a difference but yes you can renew it online.

Wife and I did that during COVID and they just used the old pics.

The law change is permanent to allow DL renewals online but not sure if your scenario requires in person or some other documents
Green Card doesn't appear to be the reason, but the website seemed to have been overloaded with traffic.

I have had zero issues with the purchase of three vehicles through Covid as well as two trailers. But when approaching each request I am prepared knowing my transaction is meaningless to the people I am dealing with. I have everything prepared prior to my transaction (as best as I can and I have researched the website) and I am as nice as I possibly can be (I can be pretty nice). Three new cars, two trailers, and two licenses over the last 24 months with ZERO issues.

I have had zero issues with the purchase of three vehicles through Covid as well as two trailers. But when approaching each request I am prepared knowing my transaction is meaningless to the people I am dealing with. I have everything prepared prior to my transaction (as best as I can and I have researched the website) and I am as nice as I possibly can be (I can be pretty nice). Three new cars, two trailers, and two licenses over the last 24 months with ZERO issues.

I registered a new-to-me motorcycle about a month ago. Love the new appointment system. The stress level of the entire facility (at least the one in Hazlet) seemed lower.

Possibly famous last words. :). I have to register the little trailer I just put back together to make it easier to buy motorcycles I don't need. Last used a dozen years ago. I can't find anything but the certificate of origin for the thing and I'm slightly worried they may tell me I owe 12 years worth of registration!

I registered a new-to-me motorcycle about a month ago. Love the new appointment system. The stress level of the entire facility (at least the one in Hazlet) seemed lower.

Possibly famous last words. :). I have to register the little trailer I just put back together to make it easier to buy motorcycles I don't need. Last used a dozen years ago. I can't find anything but the certificate of origin for the thing and I'm slightly worried they may tell me I owe 12 years worth of registration!
Agreed on the stress level. The security officer in the front seems to keep all the nudnicks out as well. Very care free. I would look up the home made trailer deal or title-less trailer. I went through that years ago with a small 6x8 and they made it a breeze.

Agreed on the stress level. The security officer in the front seems to keep all the nudnicks out as well. Very care free. I would look up the home made trailer deal or title-less trailer. I went through that years ago with a small 6x8 and they made it a breeze.

Total no-brainer. I eventually found the plate and the last registration: 2006! I walked in prepared to be unhappy but it turns out they don't try to get you for back registration on trailers. $23 gets me to March 2023.

Waiting on a wiring harness for the VW so I can go buy another motorcycle. N+1.

Total no-brainer. I eventually found the plate and the last registration: 2006! I walked in prepared to be unhappy but it turns out they don't try to get you for back registration on trailers. $23 gets me to March 2023.

Waiting on a wiring harness for the VW so I can go buy another motorcycle. N+1.
Excellent!!

Back
Top Bottom