NJ DMV Auto Inspection- COVID19?

onetracker

Has anyone gone to NJ DMV Auto Inspection in the age of COVID19? Is the process still the same? Is the inspector getting in your car and driving through the station? Need to get a car inspected and wonder how it is working? Also, crowded?

Mtbdog

Did 2 vehicles today. The procedure is the same. You get out and they drive the vehicle to the obd test then over a camera the shows undercarriage and it's over. Now I don't have to go back for 2 years. Wasn't very crowded at all. Half an hour both times.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Who inspects their cars anymore?
My van is 8/19 pulled over twice
My wives old van was 11/18 she was pulled over once
My kids saturn never was and still has no sticker. And he's been pulled over and searched numerous times.
Do cops even hand out tickets for this anymore? @Carson ? Until they do i will continue to ignore with that waste of time.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
My kids saturn never was and still has no sticker. And he's been pulled over and searched numerous times.
Do cops even hand out tickets for this anymore? @Carson ? Until they do i will continue to ignore with that waste of time.

buy you're... and I'm not

anyway wife's car is due this month for a new sticker I'm considering getting a fake one

olegbabich

Just did the truck last Sat. at Bakers Basin. Inspection took 5 min.

I am glad I did not have to go in to see a human. The line was stupid long.

CommandoStyle

Don’t drive through Red Bank

rlb

Need to go too, this is useful.

I also need to re-title a car that I recently paid off, but I'm not comfortable sending that by mail. Also not sure what to do considering the DMV lines have not calmed down at all.

Mahnken

I had a Jeep that was uninspected for 10 years, never got pulled over in it. Had a tinted 3000gt that was uninspected for 3 years, got an inspection ticket once a week. Even got one when it was parked in front of my parents house, no one around, came out and there was a ticket in the windshield.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Fairfield is notorious for pulling people over for expired inspection stickers and giving out tickets. And they set up in many spots where you pull into a highly trafficked street off 46 so you slow down past them and they can easily pull you over.

I have photos of my coworker getting swatted last year when he went too slow past a cop through a construction zone in Fairfield.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

It's a good, easy, non-disputable reason for a stop. Tickets...meh not really unless you give me that mountain-man Warren County off-the-grid attitude. If you do, you'll have to bring the clan down into the city to see the judge on my time. Patty is sweet enough that she'll never have an issue!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also note there is an extension on expiration dates:

Was my expiration date extended?
The following documents, if expiring between Mar 1 and May 31, have been extended to September 30.
If expiring between June 1 and August 31, they have been extended to December 31.
• All standard driver licenses (including permits)
• Standard non-driver IDs
• Vehicle registrations
• Inspections
• Temporary tags

VanDbtRiver

anti inspection conspiracy theorist since 2015.... not a good way to live life... always looking over your shoulder...or maybe that next pothole you hit will snap your ball joints... if i step on my brake pedal will it just go to the floor? Then you reach your destination, get out of the car and pet the dog, your heart rate settles down, kids come out to greet you and ask why the old truck smells like gasoline... life is good

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
anti inspection conspiracy theorist since 2015.... not a good way to live life... always looking over your shoulder...or maybe that next pothole you hit will snap your ball joints... if i step on my brake pedal will it just go to the floor? Then you reach your destination, get out of the car and pet the dog, your heart rate settles down, kids come out to greet you and ask why the old truck smells like gasoline... life is good
They don't check for any of that stuff anymore anyway. You can have a smashed windshield, bald tires, no brakes but no check engine light... Good to go!

Top Bottom