NJ DMV Auto Inspection- COVID19?

They don't check for any of that stuff anymore anyway. You can have a smashed windshield, bald tires, no brakes but no check engine light... Good to go!
thats perfect! i have to make it thru the line without overheating, then good for another 5 years!

Not inspection, but it took about 6.5 hours to get license taken care of at Randolph today. We got there at 6:00 and were #94 in line. All things considered, it wasn't too bad. Weather helped. Registration is the next step.

They have an inspection station and the lines seemed to move pretty quickly.

I went through the Wayne DMV inspection on Monday. Got there at 8:30 and it took about an hour to get through. The caliber of "technicians" doing the inspection is worse than i ever remember. My line had 2 women working it who were gossiping with each other. the line next it mine had only 1 guy doing it and was putting through twice as many cars.

I took two vehicles to the Ringoes inspection last month. It was pretty much same as always, except we were wearing masks.

In one case I hit it lucky and was out in 10 min, in the other case I waited about 40 min total.

Went to the Kilmer facility in Edison yesterday...arrived at 11:36AM, was pulling away from the facility at 12:15. They had all 5 lanes going, and were cranking people through there. I was shocked, but happy.

Whats the deal with DMV?
Just came back from Oakland and Wayne DMV.... there were ppl waiting since 7AM at Oakland
Ppl with beach chairs and parasols. Only thing missing was a grill... WTF!

Tried to get Inspection at newton yesterday . Normally only a car or 2 in front of me and when they see commercial vehicle I get pulled over to an open side lane . Not happening at least 40 cars waiting , screw it at this point I'm 9 months over due so I'll just wait till its a full year.

I went to a local garage and had mine done. I was worried I’d fail because VW with 107k miles, but no problems. I did pay a little but whatever.

I don’t mind supporting a local guy. Plus I had him look at my brakes because they were making some noise. Turns out it was just rust because the car has been sitting so much. No pads or parts needed. He charged me a few bucks to clean them up and that was it. So it looks like I found a pretty honest mechanic too.

He probably knows I’ll be back anyway because VW with 107k miles. :)

Tried to get Inspection at newton yesterday . Normally only a car or 2 in front of me and when they see commercial vehicle I get pulled over to an open side lane . Not happening at least 40 cars waiting , screw it at this point I'm 9 months over due so I'll just wait till its a full year.
Yeah, I've been watching the camera, and haven't seen a lull.
I'm only 7 months overdue at this point, so it's not all that pressing.

Drove a bit farther afield on a rainy day to the Wayne DMV based on the camera around 11:30pm. 35 mins. Not bad. Got a free towel sprayed with alcohol. When I pulled out, the line was building. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom