NJ Closing Wildlife management areas for the entire summer

mntal

typical government. let's just take things away because people can't behave. if people are going to misbehave, do you really think those misbehaving people are not just simply going to find somewhere else to misbehave?

the schwartz

If it's closed that means less (legal, legitimate) people in the way and more room on trails for ATV. Good plan

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wish they'd close stephens for swimming, even though it's not allowed it brings a large amount of people. Trash in parking around the lake which include bbqs left behind and Styrofoam coolers.
I could show pics of an area that's absolutely horrifying and still draws people every weekend. It's like partying in a dump next to river. Just absolutely gross.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wish they'd close stephens for swimming, even though it's not allowed it brings a large amount of people. Trash in parking around the lake which include bbqs left behind and Styrofoam coolers.
I could show pics of an area that's absolutely horrifying and still draws people every weekend. It's like partying in a dump next to river. Just absolutely gross.
which is a real shame bc its a great little swimming hole for after a ride...but we cant have nice things.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
All they are taking away is things that are illegal already.
The swimming thing is a hot button for the fish and game agency....its not fishing. So it has been an enforcement priority for several years. The police would park at the dam and use binoculars to identify swimmers based clothing color etc. I suspect some well funded fought this and it didn't hold up in court, couldn't prove swimming. So now they just designate a keep out zone and the burden of proof is lowered . They just have to be caught on the rogue trail that leads to it.

pibbles

The swimming thing is a hot button for the fish and game agency....its not fishing. So it has been an enforcement priority for several years. The police would park at the dam and use binoculars to identify swimmers based clothing color etc. I suspect some well funded fought this and it didn't hold up in court, couldn't prove swimming. So now they just designate a keep out zone and the burden of proof is lowered . They just have to be caught on the rogue trail that leads to it.
Menantico is located in s. Jersey and is a huge area for boating and fishing. I stoppe c going there years ago because you couldnt keep vandals out of your vehicle, so its been closed to me for about 10 yrs...

Ironjunk

Stephens is like the wild west, there will be a breaking point. dirty diapers and 6 packs strewn about. It is sad all it takes is cleaning up after yourself and there would be no issues.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stephens is like the wild west, there will be a breaking point. dirty diapers and 6 packs strewn about. It is sad all it takes is cleaning up after yourself and there would be no issues.
Where are these people coming from that do this? Are they locals or those Damm New Yorkers ;*)?

Top Bottom