NIght road ride

NJ Jess

Well, I did my first night road ride. I'm pretty disguised with the fact that I work 6 days a week and its dark by the time I get my riding gear on. Today was such beautiful weather, I canned the trainer.

I got all my warm clothes on, including a highly visible NJ Transit orange jacket with reflectors and loaded my bike into my truck. I crossed the bridge to Seaside Heights and parked at the boat launch. Then I road with that HID light, I love that thing. It was brighter than some car lights that pasted me.

I road all the way to Jenkins Board walk about 11 miles away. On the return the wind picked up, so I was only going 13mph. Route 35 from seaside to jenkin has a 10 foot wide shoulder, but it did have a lot of debre on it. A few times I rode up onto the sidewalk because there were cars parked along the road and after a friend was hit by the mirror of a pasting car last year, I play it safe.

I rode 1 hour 44 minutes with a HR of 133 and the light was just a good from when I had started. I hope to add up some base miles this way. What's everyone else doing for base miles? I hear Beachwood bikes in South Toms River is going to start trainer nights. It's so much nicer to do trainers with a group. Well, It's January 3rd, start your base miles!

NJ Jess

I know

I have done a few, but some of them start a bit too late, go too long, then I have to drive home, before you know it,...it's 9 or 10 pm. I get only 6 maybe 7 hours of sleep. Really it's not a lot of recovery time when one does the work I do. PM me the rides you do, maybe I can come up with a plan.

Top Bottom