Night Riding!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i would imagine they would fit in nicely in the 'rides, races and events' section. just remember that it's illegal in most places, so posting it on a public forum isn't always the best idea.....

dirty bert

Banned
Illegal, yes but that is if you get caught and now with the daylight shrinking a 5pm meet will turn into a nite ride. i never post under that section, it is usually where you are going to ride is where the thread is at. Nite Rides, would also include questions on lights, so it wouldn't fit into that category that you mentioned.

ArmyOfNone

Well when you do get caught, your bike is taken and you get smacked w/ a big fine...We told you so...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
that is pretty silly to post about riding at night, someone on here could be a ranger and set up a ride and bust your ass.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i never post under that section, it is usually where you are going to ride is where the thread is at. Nite Rides, would also include questions on lights, so it wouldn't fit into that category that you mentioned.

There won't be a night riding forum. Any rides posted in the park forums are being moved into the RRE forum. Any questions on lights you can put in the general forum.

SpartaBard

another major issue with riding at night... If you were to leave your car in or near a parking lot, the policy for most locations requires a park police officer or ranger to search for you. If they were to spend a large amount of time hiking around the park looking for you, you should expect them to be very pissed off. more importantly, while searching for you, they could miss a real emergency call.

Furthermore, this also takes us back to the issue of losing our privileges to ride in some of these parks. It adds to the impression of mtbers being a-holes.

Please respect the rules of our parks.

Nimrod

A ranger stopped me at Mercer once and said it is illegal but he didn't mind since I had lights and a tail light. Also, you have to park outside the park...

Same here the couple of times I've been stopped by the Police Rangers.

usally the Police have bigger fish to catch then a 40 something guy riding his bike in the woods at night

clutch

i would imagine they would fit in nicely in the 'rides, races and events' section. just remember that it's illegal in most places, so posting it on a public forum isn't always the best idea.....

Maybe each trails hours could be added to their trail description page. Maybe you could even change the marker color on the trail directory from red to navy blue for trails that allow night riding.

Though, I guess this would be unnecessary if the only places you can night ride in the state are ringwood and ramapo.

C

concernedramapo

They really only bust chops, because they don't want to be looking for you all night long.

I think also if you know the trails and they know you are not up to no good, ie:responsible, they will leave you alone for the most part.

Top Bottom