NICA Girls Try It Out Ride, FREE, Sat Nov 17, 1000, Cedar Grove

overbrook

Calling all GIRLS in 6-12th grade - Join this Girls-only TRY IT OUT Mountain bike event on November 17 from 10 am - 1pm.

This event is FREE!

Meeting at Cedar Grove Community Park,,,,,,,99 Slattery Drive - we'll be at the top of the parking lot with a trailer full of bikes you can borrow to join in on the fun. There will be games, laughs, a casual bike ride on the rail trail and more. No experience necessary - certified NICA coaches will be there to show you the basics and guide the activities.

We need your help and all the NICA team's help sharing and promoting this event! PDF flyer included.

To help us plan for the event, please sign up at https://tinyurl.com/y2uc6gul

Please copy & share. (or go to this link & click "share" https://www.facebook.com/EssexMTB/photos/a.1043514159090967/2360110090764694

This is a NICA event to introduce any new girls and existing riders to the fun of mountainbiking, brought to all for all by Essex Offroad Mountainbike Team.

All NICA teams are encouraged to bring out the girls and coaches to make this a fun and safe event that helps get more girls on bikes

Attachments

• TIO-GRIT-Nov17.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 148

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like it's going to be a great event! I wish I could come... but I'll be stuck in at a soccer tournament in South Jersey! :-(

oobaa47

Awesome Overbook!!! I might be showing up with 3 sixth grade grom'ettes!! Question, will the coaches be female? And one girl has a bike that's a little "iffy" let's just say. Will there be a bike available for a smaller 6th grader?. Thanks!!

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Awesome Overbook!!! I might be showing up with 3 sixth grade grom'ettes!! Question, will the coaches be female? And one girl has a bike that's a little "iffy" let's just say. Will there be a bike available for a smaller 6th grader?. Thanks!!
The Try It Out rides typically have a trailer full of loaner bikes.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG

Yes, female coaches. @muddybike is leading the charge. We'll have bikes there to loan out. Interest is high at the moment, so there is a chance that we will have to send bikes out in shifts, but definitely bring them out, everyone rides! =)

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes, female coaches. @muddybike is leading the charge. We'll have bikes there to loan out. Interest is high at the moment, so there is a chance that we will have to send bikes out in shifts, but definitely bring them out, everyone rides! =)
Please use the registration form to sign up if your girls will be needing bikes! See you soon!

overbrook

dilly dilly on the registration!!!

we absolutely need to know who's coming so we'll be prepared to provide a great and safe experience for new and existing girl riders, some loaner bikes (really nice ones) are going to be on site to help new riders have the best intro to mountain bike fun.....

overbrook

calling all women NICA coaches to ride along on this girls only intro ride.....level 1 is all you need,

of course any NICA coaches from any teams can help too, register and bring those girl riders and ride along to support

shaping up to be a well attended girls only ride to introduce any girls to mtb fun and link them with their nearby local NICA team.....

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So, I showed up today with my niece at 9:45 but no peeps there...I guess I should have read a little further than the title of the thread that says "Saturday". We rode the rail trail for an hour which was fun. Won't be able to be there tomorrow...

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So, I showed up today with my niece at 9:45 but no peeps there...I guess I should have read a little further than the title of the thread that says "Saturday". We rode the rail trail for an hour which was fun. Won't be able to be there tomorrow...
OH NO! I didn't even see that typo in the thread title. SO sorrya bout that. Can someone else bring her on Sunday?? It's a drop-off event., so any parent/guardian that can sign the 1-day wavier can bring her. Yes, it's on SUNDAY.

oobaa47

Thank you so much muddybike and all the rest of the coaches! The girls had a great time! Action packed day with a skills seminar and a group ride. The girls had so much fun they didn't even complain about the bone-chilling temperatures and wind.....

Top Bottom