G

gypsywanderin

hi everyone! I am not too much in the sport of mountain biking. love to run the ridges, cave ,boulder,kayak etc. even do some urban exploring now and then. My son age 19 loves to mountain Bike the last time I did this together was in Jim Thorpe a few years ago coming back down the switch back I broke the pedal and my toes. luckily he has a drivers lic. and buddies that are into it.He must be like on his fifth bike by now. usually wears them out beyond repair. My girlfreind has her son coming up from Brazil , age 12. He likes to mb too. I am planning to let my son take him out when he don't have to work. so I will be looking for good places to take them. The main question I would like to find out thru the grapevine. Is there any small places like white castle trails. where they have dirt/wood jumps til diablo opens?

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Alas the white castle trails...now a Nissan dealership :mad:

Sorry, nothing I know of (that's legal). Maybe someone from 'down south' could shed some light...

G

gypsywanderin

has anyone been up to Kittatinney Valley SP lately? I saw on a bike trail description that an area off the rail path has a few things... I saw a ramp while ridgerunning looking for caves going back about 2 years ago.

dualfisted

welcome, whaddup, I don't know what a Lodi is, so I can't help you much on places close to you, but, you dig Harleys, and that's cool by me. Peace out cub scout.

G

gypsywanderin

welcome, whaddup, I don't know what a Lodi is, so I can't help you much on places close to you, but, you dig Harleys, and that's cool by me. Peace out cub scout.

Lodi is by Hackensack about 8 miles west of GW Bridge, my girlfreind lives in the Ironbound of Newark, my son lives by Sandy Hook closr to you

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Yes they are open. Same rules apply as here, when it is wet going there is a bad idea. The DJ's took a beating over the last few weeks. Check out www.nycmtb.com for all of the Highbridge info you can ask for.

G

gypsywanderin

yeah, from the link that highbridge place looks cool, I guess it will have to wait til my son can go and keep an eye on the kid , will also have to check out his bike as I have not seen it yet , tonite ... maybe take him to a local park and see how he rides too. thanks again

Top Bottom