Newbie Question

bclinsure

I read all the posts on this forum just about every day and am truly enjoying it. Unfortunately, some of the talk is a little over my head but hey, I learn a little something here and there.
I ride pretty much every weekend at either Allaire or Hartshorne so my bike is getting some decent use.
However, at the end of my ride yesterday at the soupy mess that was Allaire, my bike started doing something wierd. During mid-pedal, it would just lock up and to unlock it, I would have to pedal a wee bit in reverse and then it would unlock and I could pedal forward again :(. This was happening every 10 revolutions of the pedal. Luckily I was just about at the end my ride when this started happening.
Any idea what it could be and how I could fix it?

BiknBen

However, at the end of my ride yesterday at the soupy mess that was Allaire, my bike started doing something weird. During mid-pedal, it would just lock up and to unlock it, I would have to pedal a wee bit in reverse and then it would unlock and I could pedal forward again :(. This was happening every 10 revolutions of the pedal. Luckily I was just about at the end my ride when this started happening.
Any idea what it could be and how I could fix it?

It is called Chain-Suck. The chain holds onto the chainring and gets stuck between the chainring and frame at the Chain-stay. Careful, you are likely damaging your frame.

You avoid this by keeping your chain clean and properly lubed. Don't use your small chainring. Don't ride in soup. Convert your drive-train to single-speed. ;)

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
its the sand gods at allaire telling you to stop riding in soupy conditions and ruining the trails. they broke your bike.

Top Bottom