Newbie looking for a medium hardtail - FOUND ONE

Robvb525

Well, newbie as in I haven’t ridden trails since my bike got stolen 20 ish years ago (I was 16). I used to ride Hartshorne or Huber every weekend. Suffice to say bikes have changed wince then!

Looking for something that will see mostly street rides to and from the beach (2.5mi) but also plan to use on trails occasionally. Frame size medium, preferably 29er, under $500. I’m around Asbury Park.

qclabrat

Well, newbie as in I haven’t ridden trails since my bike got stolen 20 ish years ago (I was 16). I used to ride Hartshorne or Huber every weekend. Suffice to say bikes have changed wince then!

Looking for something that will see mostly street rides to and from the beach (2.5mi) but also plan to use on trails occasionally. Frame size medium, preferably 29er, under $500. I’m around Asbury Park.
Have you checked out second life bikes in Asbury?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You could probably put the Monocog together for less than that with some secondhand hoops and BB7's.

Robvb525

You could probably put the Monocog together for less than that with some secondhand hoops and BB7's.

I wish I had the time and skills to piece together a bike, but no go there. I'd pay someone to do that :)

Robvb525

Have you checked out second life bikes in Asbury?
No, never thought to. Honestly did not think they would have what I was looking for. Have you been? I just checked out their website, no inventory. But their IG shows some trail bikes, so I'll go check it out. thanks!

TimBay

My neighbor has one. Waiting for his reply with spec and all that. Will let you know. We're right up near hartshorne.

Mathers

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Since you're in Asbury Park did you check out Second Life Bikes on Main Street? I've donated a bunch of stuff there and they have tons of bikes.

Robvb525

I rode one of these to ge started. You could spend a couple hundred more and get a better bike though which I regret not doing at the time. But I alos had NO idea what I was looking for.
Thanks! I am in the market for something used. Which I should have specified. If I get to ride as much as I'd like, I'll eventually want a full suspension, so I don't want to spend full MSRP, ya know.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Thanks! I am in the market for something used. Which I should have specified. If I get to ride as much as I'd like, I'll eventually want a full suspension, so I don't want to spend full MSRP, ya know.

Db does a lot of corporate discouts every company I've worked for has had 40 to 60% off

RobW

ive got a cyclocross bike for sale.... its not a MTB but I've ridden it through Huber and Hartshorne and the henry Hudson trail/ocean ave/80acre park/allaire.... ill let it go for 500

Robvb525

ive got a cyclocross bike for sale.... its not a MTB but I've ridden it through Huber and Hartshorne and the henry Hudson trail/ocean ave/80acre park/allaire.... ill let it go for 500

no thanks!

TimBay

Couldnt pm the pics, so heres the full bit...

Specs for my old mtb:
Motobecane Fantom 29
Frame: aluminum size M
Seatpost: Thomson offset
Fork: Rockshox Reba RLT
Wheels: WTB FX 28 aluminum clinchers
Tires: Kenda Nevegal 2.2"
Crankset/BB: Sram GXP
Shifters: Sram XO 3x9
Rear derailleur: Sram x9
Front derailleur: Shimano Deore
Brakes : Tektro Gemini hydraulic disc.
Handlebar: Easton Haven
Seat : Prologo
$325.A5DBA265-1.jpg1535EB99-1.jpg08E21879-1.jpg08E21879-1.jpgF3D3D398-1.jpg5F5CE34C-1.jpg1DB211A3-1.jpg

Top Bottom