Newbie in the house...

BigBee

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and MTB-ing (never been on a trail) but I'm interested in the sport. I got myself a new Giant Stance 27.5 2 and to be honest I don't know where to start.
Will somebody who lives in Bergen County, with a lot of patience, be kind enough to ride with a complete newbie and show him around different parks/trails?
I can travel anywhere within a 1-Hr distance (from the Fort Lee, NJ area) on Saturdays, Sundays (afternoon) and Mondays.

Thanks,

Welcome :)

Don't know how long it would take you to get to Allaire, but the Tuesday night beginner ride is a great introduction to the trails....

If you like hiking with your bike... come out to Wayne and you can get lost and explore at High Mountain with another fellow noob.
But then again, I ride pretty early in the morning on the weekends.

Welcome!

to the board, and mtb! when @soundz wakes up, he can point you to a local park with appropriate trail selection...
@BiknBen does some clinics, jump in one of those

have fun!

I'm in the Fort Lee area as well. Let me know if you want tours of some local trails!

welcome aboard...I ride allaire quite a bit and can give you a tour after work once the rain stops...

Welcome!
I'm over in Little Falls, I usually go out to the tourne, 6MR, lewis morris, Allamuchy, dickerson preserve. This Sunday im heading up to wawayanda around 10am with some friends. You are welcome to come

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and MTB-ing (never been on a trail) but I'm interested in the sport. I got myself a new Giant Stance 27.5 2 and to be honest I don't know where to start.
Will somebody who lives in Bergen County, with a lot of patience, be kind enough to ride with a complete newbie and show him around different parks/trails?
I can travel anywhere within a 1-Hr distance (from the Fort Lee, NJ area) on Saturdays, Sundays (afternoon) and Mondays.

Thanks,

First time on a trail for you-then Allaire, Six Mile, Lewis Morris, Hartshorne would be better than Sourlands, Waywayanda or Chimney Rock. There are more and less difficult places for your first ride.

Check out these threads for group rides. (Hint: avoid rides that contain the word "murder" in their name)

Download the Maprika app for your smartphone, which will give you a trail map of most parks with a self locating blue arrow where you are on those trails.

Welcome.

If you like hiking with your bike... come out to Wayne and you can get lost and explore at High Mountain with another fellow noob.
But then again, I ride pretty early in the morning on the weekends.

Thanks @C8N, hiking with the bike sounds like an interesting idea and Wayne isn't too far from where I am. I will message you.

Back
Top Bottom