Newbie here from Hudson County

saavykat

All of the above are great recos, particularly 6 Mile, which is fun regardless of your skill level or fitness. Deer Park is a little further of a drive, but a good spot as you improve skills (don't go to the nearby Allamuchy just yet).
I'll give 6 mile a shot! I keep seeing it mentioned!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I usually hit the trails by me at Brendan Byrne State Forest since they are either Green or Blue trails working to get myself back into shape. That way I won't be sucking wind when I do drop in on a group ride.
Definitely do group rides. I guess it depends on the personality but ppl tend to push themselves bit more harder when riding with others.
You will improve faster.

saavykat

OMG! how could i forget to mention these?! both will have group rides of all levels:

This looks really cool. Thanks for sharing, Def looking into this.

KF2M

Definitely do group rides. I guess it depends on the personality but ppl tend to push themselves bit more harder when riding with others.
You will improve faster.
Oh definitely. The big problem I have is scheduling. Since most of the weekday rides occur quite far from my office in Mt Laurel they are hard to impossible to make though if there is a ride happening next Tuesday in Allaire I'm going to try an make it. Will have to bring the bike to work, change then fly up the Turnpike to 195 but it's doable. Weekends well thats another story...

KF2M

Born and raised in Bayonne. I was in Old Bridge for a bit and then moved back for some reason hahahaha.
Oooooo i'll check that out. I also see Mountain Creek is doing some Downhill clinics that I might attend!
Wow, cool. Grew up on Woodlawn Ave, then moved entirely out of JC in the mid-70's. I use BBSF for endurance building. It's mostly flat, and sandy in spots. Good for working on endurance, and speed to keep the hoverfiles from bugging you (they are harmless, just annoying AF) once out in the open areas though in the woods they don't bug you as much.

qclabrat

My bro mentions Hartshorne a lot.
When will you be going this weekend?
I have no plans at the moment, hit me up if you decide to come down. Only a mile away so flexible. Be warned, I don't know the park well having just moved there, but getting lost is half the fun. Not a big park so getting lost isn't the biggest deal

Top Bottom