Newbie here from Hudson County

saavykat

Happy Monday everyone! Just joined and also new to MTBing and I am hooked!

Since I'm a beginner, I feel more comfortable riding with others that know the trail. Are there any Beginner meet ups? Any good trails you can recommend I wont get lost on lol
So far I have only done the trails at Allaire State Park.

Thanks for any info :)

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's

saavykat

welcome!

i update the weekly what's happening thread every wednesday or thursday so i post a lot of stuff there

six mile is always a good beginner place... there's a ride tomorrow: https://www.meetup.com/njmountainbiking/events/287025465/

and lewis morris as well... although it's hillier and rootier so sometimes beginners have a little more issue with fitness there https://www.meetup.com/njmountainbiking/events/287048213/
Awesome! I did check out that thread but mostly looked at the weekends!
Lewis Morris will be perfect since I work in Millburn!

Thank you!!!

iman29

Welcome!

During the summer There’s a weekly Wednesday night ride at Dickerson Mine trails behind Martys bike shop in Randolph with all levels of riders. Not sure if there’s links to that on the forum here but you can always call the shop to confirm details.

BPaze

Awesome! I did check out that thread but mostly looked at the weekends!
Lewis Morris will be perfect since I work in Millburn!

Thank you!!!
You may also want to check out Dickerson Mine, it is a fairly beginner-friendly park as well as Tourne which is a little more technical but not overly challenging.

saavykat

Welcome!

During the summer There’s a weekly Wednesday night ride at Dickerson Mine trails behind Martys bike shop in Randolph with all levels of riders. Not sure if there’s links to that on the forum here but you can always call the shop to confirm details.
Ooooh cool, I will keep that in mind as well.
I think I am much more advanced in my head than I really am lol

All of the above are great recos, particularly 6 Mile, which is fun regardless of your skill level or fitness. Deer Park is a little further of a drive, but a good spot as you improve skills (don't go to the nearby Allamuchy just yet).

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OMG! how could i forget to mention these?! both will have group rides of all levels:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Welcome!
See ya at the hospital!
50dd1d0b23a03259172ede9421272646.png

JK!!

qclabrat

Welcome, also give Nassau a try over in Old Bridge. I'll probably be doing a beginner friendly paced ride at Hartshorne this weekend if interested.

KF2M

Hi, and welcome aboard!

Newbie here as well. I usually hit the trails by me at Brendan Byrne State Forest since they are either Green or Blue trails working to get myself back into shape. That way I won't be sucking wind when I do drop in on a group ride. Like what MissJR posted the NJ MB Fest is in Sept (going, and taking the following Monday off to recover). About a 2 hour drive for me but it'll be worth it.

BTW where in Hudson? Born and raised in JC.

saavykat

Hi, and welcome aboard!

Newbie here as well. I usually hit the trails by me at Brendan Byrne State Forest since they are either Green or Blue trails working to get myself back into shape. That way I won't be sucking wind when I do drop in on a group ride. Like what MissJR posted the NJ MB Fest is in Sept (going, and taking the following Monday off to recover). About a 2 hour drive for me but it'll be worth it.

BTW where in Hudson? Born and raised in JC.
Born and raised in Bayonne. I was in Old Bridge for a bit and then moved back for some reason hahahaha.
Oooooo i'll check that out. I also see Mountain Creek is doing some Downhill clinics that I might attend!

Top Bottom