newb in allaire?

Hey guys
Newb here. I have been mtb ing for 1-2 months now. Love the sport. I have heard great things about Clayton, Six Mile, and Allaire. I love long, flowing, fast, semi-hilly single track. Please let me know if you all would recommend Allaire for a 46 year old(athletic) beginner? Also if yes please give suggestions on which trails are best and where I can find good, detailed maps of Allaire trail system.

Thanks

All the trails are perfect for you at Allaire. I got this map from the trail director tab up top. There is a weekly beginner ride which starts in the spring that will help you get to know the park and fellow cyclists. Keep checking back to learn about all things cycling and beginner rides, which will be posted over the coming weeks!
http://www.mtbnj.com/w/index.php?title=File:Allairemap.jpg

pooriggy,
thanks. Like the map. I have done some satellite and topo of the area. Keep hearing about the orange trail. I hear a lot of guys using different names though? The orange trail works for me as a start. But do they have nicknames? Also I am the adventurous type so a basic trail will lead me to any switch backs I might want to try. Also advice from this site will help me with that. But just the main trails for now. Thanks again.

Jolly
That is exactly what I am talking about. I hear that a lot. I hear roller coaster a lot. Are these trail sections, switch backs, or nick names for entire color coded trails. I don't see any maps with these names????

Welcome aboard... like others have said Allaire is great for flow it is all more or less beginner friendly. here is a newer map that has a lot more trails.
http://www2.jorba.org/images/b/bf/ALLAIRE_MULTI-USE_TRAIL_MAP.pdf
Also we start the beginner rides around the middle of march or so stat tuned they start on Tuesday nights at 6 pm meeting in the hospital road lot and normally run about an hour and a half.
if you check back here we also post up for rides on the weekends there are a lot of people that ride Allaire all the time that will give you a proper tour...

Back
Top Bottom