New Years @ Hartshorne?

J

Jake1021

Anyone else planning on fighting New Years Eve's aftereffects at Hartshorne? I was there this morning and its still muddy and wet, but should be decent for New Year's

RonzNd4Spd

What Time

I was there today....it's muddy but still very good....'cause it's hartshorn!
fast ...challanging and fun!

WHAT TIME on new years day?????

I will be there!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK last time I'll beat this horse then I'll STFU, I promise. Like I said...

J

Jake1021

Probably about noon-one start from the Buttermilk Valley parking lot. I'll be on my Black (and a little bit of green)Specialized Rockhopper. Shout out if you wanna ride with me!

I also rode today, at about four with my friend Rafael--he'll be there tomorrow. Muddy as hell today!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
See post " Hartshorne & Huber conditions as of 12/30/07" If the trails are "muddy as hell" and you are still riding them you need to check yourself.

J

Jake1021

A day on a muddy trail is much better than a day with no trail time at all...

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Yep, I guess it's okay seeing as how you have been busting your ass doing trail maintenance for years to keep the park open....right? As long as you get to do what you feel entitled to, the hell with holding off until a ride will not damage the trails. It's people with your attitude that have had the parks on the edge of banning bikes for years.

J

Jake1021

Relax, I'm not even going--weather's crap and my buddy's derailer is on the fritz. Also, as to what I said before, the conditions were muddy as hell--that's why I stuck to the fireroad at Hartshorne.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Relax, I'm not even going--weather's crap and my buddy's derailer is on the fritz. Also, as to what I said before, the conditions were muddy as hell--that's why I stuck to the fireroad at Hartshorne.

I will relax.... when I don't have to point out the need to stay off wet trails. The fact your not going today is good, the fact you will ride on wet trails as long as you don't get wet is not. All I'm asking for is a little common sense. The last thing we all need is to give the anti-bike folks a real reason to pressure the parks to ban bikes. Just ask any body who used to ride So.Mo or Watchung, there are folks who would like nothing more than to see us banned. ( I didn't see anywhere in your original post about keeping the ride confined to fire roads only.)

bobkennelly

Watchung

I still ride at Watchung, I grew up in Mountainside with it right in my back yard, literally. All the trails there are in super bad condition all the time, wet or dry, zero trail maint.

dirty bert

Banned
SoMo

I will relax.... when I don't have to point out the need to stay off wet trails. The fact your not going today is good, the fact you will ride on wet trails as long as you don't get wet is not. All I'm asking for is a little common sense. The last thing we all need is to give the anti-bike folks a real reason to pressure the parks to ban bikes. Just ask any body who used to ride So.Mo or Watchung, there are folks who would like nothing more than to see us banned. ( I didn't see anywhere in your original post about keeping the ride confined to fire roads only.)

SoMo ruled back in the day!!!!!

~db

Top Bottom