new trail

Frank

Sasquatch
The ATUG crew kicked butt today and finished a re-route at the end of Steelman. Get out there and ride the new trail and pack that sucka in!!:D
Hope you like it.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The ATUG crew kicked butt today and finished a re-route at the end of Steelman. Get out there and ride the new trail and pack that sucka in!!:D
Hope you like it.
Oh yeah .... We did not get the official ribbon cutting ceremony but even before we were done we had riders using it.. it has a great little downhill turn at the end..:)

I will get to ride it Monday night..:)

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I wish I had been able to attend the TM, but I have been doing a lot of MTB stuff, and not enough home stuff, so I had to get some balance back. The ride after was good, and the new trail is awsome! It is a bit soft still, but I think we can change this the fun way. Follow Franks advice and get on that trail and ride.

LandCruiser

I know about every trail back in Allaire, however not all by name. I've met Rick Steelman, but don't know which one is the Steelman trail. Any help? I would love to "assist" in packing it down the fun way.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
steelman can probably best be described as the switchback trail that has a LOT of deep sand on it and gravel. also people seem to know it because when you are going downhill on it there is a really tight left turn that has a small tree VERY close on the left side that grabs bars.

Frank

Sasquatch
steelman can probably best be described as the switchback trail that has a LOT of deep sand on it and gravel. also people seem to know it because when you are going downhill on it there is a really tight left turn that has a small tree VERY close on the left side that grabs bars.

Next time we ride I'll show you what trail Steelman is. Your description of Steelman is of one very small section. The rest of it is great singletrack. It starts from the old Roller Coaster section and ends over on the Orange (near the end of Tiger Woods). It's the twisty one through the Laurels not far from the airfield.:rofl: I'll have to put names on the map.

Last edited:

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
ah ok. i thought it was just that one windy section in it. i had the right place though haha. mike and i rode the new section tonight. after it gets broken in its going to be really fun.

LandCruiser

Found it. Excellent work! Rode it a couple times, came across the Log, 2 Horse poops, and a snake. I'll be sure to help out & ride it a couple more times this week. :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Very nice!

Played hooky today and hit Allaire around noon for a cruise. Rode the Coke trail for the first time in ages, got sketched out in both directions on one of the bridges. I'm turning into an old lady, apparently.

I hit the new Steelman extension three times, it's really nice flowing into more singletrack at the end of the old section. As always, major props to the ATUG peeps and everyone who put time into this trail! Your work is greatly appreciated.:)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
rode it today backwards it still flows I noticed that our equestrian friends are using it they will tamp it down nicely...:)

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I rode it 2 more times after that.:D Are we just calling it the Steelman extension? That sounds like an Enzyte commercial. Maybe the legend continues? I split just when the lightning started up. The trails were in outstanding shape tonight, sorry to all that missed out. All the drainage work done is showing itself to be very effective.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I rode the new trail this morning.

I missed it at first but turned back to hit it.

Very Nice! I Like!

Great conditions everywhere.

j-

The Kalmyk

I rode the new trail this morning.

I missed it at first but turned back to hit it.

Very Nice! I Like!

Great conditions everywhere.

j-

Dude...Thanks for the invite...I had work at 11 and could have made that for sure...Oh, I know it was a fast paced ride;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions